column widths in Excel

Post by Russell Schu » Mon, 12 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> not that I've ever seen.  our single-sheet spreadsheets are usually
> built in a big diagonal-style, so that now two sections share the
> same columns or rows.

er, `no two sections', that is.
--

1. Excel 97 - Screen column width vs. printed column width

I need to place a large amount of data on a printed page.  As a result, I
shrink the column widths on the screen to the minimum such that the is only
enough space for the characters in each cell without going to the ####.
However, when I view the page on print preview and when I print the page,
the column width becomes wider so that there is blank space in the cell
resulting in a wider horizontal separation between the data in each column.

Does anyone know why this occurs and can it be eliminated?

Thanks.

Herman Axelrod

2. Palm platform wins Comdex accolades

3. How to set Excel column widths to match data automatically

4. Flip() and Windowed mode

5. Excel 2000 - Pasting Values /Forrmats/ column widths/ non hidden cells to new workbook

6. What is a good DAT drive for backup?

7. Excel 2000 - VBA Paste Special Column Width problem

8. win-tool that reads (writes) mac-formatted diskettes?

9. Column width add-in or VBA - Excel gurus please help

10. Excel varying column widths

11. Excel column width

12. Column chart w/variable widths in Excel?

13. Excel 5.0 copy sheet sometimes alters column widths