Graphics Add-ins for Excel 5.0

Post by Eric Fla » Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Does anybody have any experience with alternatives to the Excel/MS
Chart charting facility? I've always preferred the look of *
and Harvard, particularly in presentations. I find the MS Chart client
for Powerpoint woefully underpowered. I've been thinking about trying
XLChart from Harvard (SPC), but I'd like some input first.

Thanks,

1. Finding Excel 5.0 add-ins

I'm trying to distribute an Excel 5.0 app that uses the XLODBC.XLA add-in.
When I developed it I used the Tools..References menu item to point to the
add-in at c:\...\Excel\Library\MSQuery\XLODBC.XLA. As I try to install on
other users' machines with Excel installed at different c:\...\Excel
directories, opening the workbook causes Excel to search through the VBA
module, realize it can't find the XLODBC add-in, and pop the user into the
middle of the code with an error message "Sub or function not found",
locating the XLODBC function name. Pretty ugly!

Would you know of a way to tell Excel about the add-in location before it
finds this problem? Perhaps there is even another way to deal with this problem
that I'm not aware of.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Williams

2. Can't mount Jasmine DD50

4. Permanent Routes

5. Excel: can add-ins be saved within an Excel file?

6. Win-OS2 speed compared to normal (lame) Windows

7. Using MS Excel 4 add-ins with Excel 5.0a...

8. How to enable "forwarding" in DNS if Windows 2000

9. ADV: OMDI Excel add-ins now downloadable

10. Excel add-ins intruding into Publisher

11. Excel Add-Ins?

12. How to convert Excel 95 add-ins back to .xls