Excel "Show Windows in Task-bar" short-cut key?

Excel "Show Windows in Task-bar" short-cut key?

Post by Geoff Lambe » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:12:28

In Excel 2000, an inadvertant twitch of the hand struck some key
combination that turned off the "Show Windows in Task-bar" feature of
the Tools>Options>view menu.

What keystroke would this have been? There seems to be no listing for
this in the Help, nor can I find it in various "undocumented
short-cut" sites found with Google.

In general, how does one go about finding out about undocumented
short-cuts in programs like Excel? Are they more or less just Easter
Eggs, known only to the cogniscenti?

Geoff Lambert

Excel "Show Windows in Task-bar" short-cut key?

Post by wisema » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:53:04

Geoff,
This is a list of shortcut keys
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm
but I there is not one for "Show Windows in Task-bar" in the list.
Barbara

Quote:> In Excel 2000, an inadvertant twitch of the hand struck some key
> combination that turned off the "Show Windows in Task-bar" feature of
> the Tools>Options>view menu.

> What keystroke would this have been? There seems to be no listing for
> this in the Help, nor can I find it in various "undocumented
> short-cut" sites found with Google.

> In general, how does one go about finding out about undocumented
> short-cuts in programs like Excel? Are they more or less just Easter
> Eggs, known only to the cogniscenti?

> Geoff Lambert

1. Remove "Close" button on a "DataDialog" Window's title bar

Everything else is suppressable but the "close" button.  I know how to do
this on a standard dialog window but not on a DataDialog or on a Datawindow.
Is there a way to do this through un-documented methods? Better yet is there
a way to eliminate the entire title bar.  I need the functionaility of a
Data window but need to remove the Close button for security reasons.

Thanks,

2. HTTP 502 Proxy Error

3. 1000 separator shows "100000.0" instead of "100,000" in Microsoft Excel 2000

4. VIM: syntax

6. rs232 FAQ?

7. K7s5a """"ich krieg die KRIESE"""""

8. How to embed another PRC into my app as a resource

9. Using WIndows Short Cut Keys in Mac Version of Excel?

10. HELP: Hot-keys/Short-cut keys

11. wedit "copy" & "cut" bug

12. UCLA short courses on "Radar Interferometry" and "Synthetic Aperture Radar"

13. UCLA short courses on "Broadcast Video" and "Video Compression"