Help with function

Post by tlwill » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:23:38

Hi, I would like to know if anyone can provide me with some
assistance. I am trying to perform the following task.

Total Hours  Hours Used  Hours Available
500          200          300

What I am trying to do in Excel is when the total hours have been used
and there is about 10% left.  Therefore, when the Hours Available
become 50, I would like to send either an alert message to let the
timekeeper know that they are running out of time.  Or change the font
to red.  Something that will be used to let the timekeeper know that
they are about to exhaust out the time and to make sure that they
don't go over.

Thank you

Help with function

Post by CLR » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:10:22

Check out the feature of  Format > Conditional Formatting .......and follow
the menu..........it will allow you to change font color, cell background
color, add borders, etc according to conditions that you set up......such as
your "Hours Available" being equal to 10% or less of your "Total
Hours"........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Quote:> Hi, I would like to know if anyone can provide me with some
> assistance. I am trying to perform the following task.

> Total Hours  Hours Used  Hours Available
> 500          200          300

> What I am trying to do in Excel is when the total hours have been used
> and there is about 10% left.  Therefore, when the Hours Available
> become 50, I would like to send either an alert message to let the
> timekeeper know that they are running out of time.  Or change the font
> to red.  Something that will be used to let the timekeeper know that
> they are about to exhaust out the time and to make sure that they
> don't go over.

> Thank you

Help with function

Post by Lynn » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:37:14

Go to "Format", "Conditional Formatting". Apply the following settings:

"Cell Value Is"
"less than" / "less than or equal to"
[Your total hours cell reference]*[your flag percentage, e.g. 10%]

Click "Format" and choose how you want the cell to look when the available
hours fall below the 10% point.

Lynne Cartwright

Quote:> Hi, I would like to know if anyone can provide me with some
> assistance. I am trying to perform the following task.

> Total Hours  Hours Used  Hours Available
> 500          200          300

> What I am trying to do in Excel is when the total hours have been used
> and there is about 10% left.  Therefore, when the Hours Available
> become 50, I would like to send either an alert message to let the
> timekeeper know that they are running out of time.  Or change the font
> to red.  Something that will be used to let the timekeeper know that
> they are about to exhaust out the time and to make sure that they
> don't go over.

> Thank you

1. HELP - Type functions being automatically changed - HELP

I just reinstalled VO 2.5 and applied all fixes.  Now when I import an
application, VO converts the ASort function to a Symbol2String command.

What gives?

Is there something I forgot to set?

I have tried building a new function with the ASort and it always changes to
Symbol2String.

??????

2. Real Time Driver for NT4.0

3. Help: Lock Function block me to login (DELL Precision M40)

4. Domino, authenticating HTTP by IP as well as login

5. Help - Solver Function

6. modem not working

7. help:want function to return blank

8. Programmers: demand is 4 times supply??

9. Help, User Function visible to all worksheets ?

10. Help Excel functions to Perl Code

11. Need help with@function / rounding

12. Help Converting @Function Library for use under 123r5 for Windows

13. Need help with function macro