Bold text (one bar only) on axis in horizontal bar chart - help required

Bold text (one bar only) on axis in horizontal bar chart - help required

Post by BUnglesb » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I don't believe what you want to do is possible.  The labels are
considered one basic item/element of the chart, so changing the properties
changes all the labels in the item.

Perhaps you can manually add text items and format each one individually,
but that defeats the automatic updating of the chart itself.

HTH
Beth
Microsoft MVP - Excel

writes:

Quote:

>Re: Excel 7.0.I have a horizontal bar chart with labels/descriptives
>running down the left hand side.  You can change the font, size etc by
>clicking on format axis - but this changes everything. What I need to do
>is have the first label/descriptive only in bold.  What format axis does
>is changes everything.      If I set the cell where the label is to bold, it
>isn't carried over. Is this possible?  Please e-mail me direct if you
>have a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Hope This Helps
Beth
Microsoft MVP - Excel