Mailing List Replies (Was RE: Excel Mailing List)

Mailing List Replies (Was RE: Excel Mailing List)

Post by Dominic B LoTemp » Wed, 06 Apr 1994 11:26:05

        Thanks to all those who replied with different ideas for solving
my mailing list problem.

        It turns out that the easiest solution I got was to use a macro
included in the macro library.  You have to load the file FLATFILE.XLA.
That creates the command DATA | SMARTPARSE in the command bar.  You
simply select that command and enter the seperator character and it does
the rest for you.

        For doing something which I didn't think was possible this
solution worked really well.  Saved me the work of re-typing 5000 addresses.

Thanks again for all replies.

Mailing List Replies (Was RE: Excel Mailing List)

Post by Keyuan Jia » Thu, 07 Apr 1994 00:07:10

Quote:>        It turns out that the easiest solution I got was to use a macro
>included in the macro library.  You have to load the file FLATFILE.XLA.
>That creates the command DATA | SMARTPARSE in the command bar.  You
>simply select that command and enter the seperator character and it does
>the rest for you.

one comment: the order of selecting separator characters is important in
your case. you have to pick "comma" and then "blank space". otherwise you
will have to insert a blank column before you do the second smart parse.

I have customer information in a Excel 50 spreadsheet with customer name,
address, city, state, phone and other information. I can use the data
autofilter to select records of interest with only name and address fields.

How can I print the name and address to adhesive printer labels for
envelopes?

Last1 First1 Address1 City1 State1 Zip1
Last2 First2 Address2 City2 State2 Zip2
Last3 First3 Address3 City3 State3 Zip3
 .       .      .       .     .     .
 .       .      .       .     .     .
       |     |
       |     |
     \ |     | /
       \     /
         \ /

Last1 First1
Address1
City1
State1
Zip1

Last2 First2
Address2
City2
State2
Zip2

Last3 First3
Address3
City3
State3
Zip3
.
.
.

4. Hey I'm Jessica Com See Me Live 24/7, Free!

5. comp.mail.misc Internet Mailing List Providers

6. Integration with Visual FoxPro 5/6 Database

7. Object Desktop's Editor; suggestion/comment