1. How to build a user-defined function to be used in formulas of user-defined fields ??
Is it possible to build a function in VBA, and use that function when
building a calculation formula for a user-defined field?
Example of where I need that:
Often we plan common projects with a customer, where resources from the
customer as well as our resources work on the same task.
If I add the "work" field on the gant chart view, it gives me the combined
work of all resources (both companies)
This is correct, but I also want to add the information, what is the work
that only the resources of our company do.
So I thought it should be possible to assign resources from each company
into a different group, and add to the view a user-defined field, lets say
Now the question is how to construct the formula for that user-defined
Obviously, no built-in functions can give me the answer.
If I could an own VBA function, than I could scan all assignments, that
belong to the task, and sum up the work for each assignment resource, that
belongs to the resource group designating "our company".
I assume, some work-around could be made, like writing even handlers,
triggered each time a task is modified by user, and calculate and set the
userdefined value from the code.
But this is highly messy.
Anybody can help on this?
2. XSpecs 3D
3. Excel 97: macro losing control when user-defined function is used?
4. Maniac Mansion release date?
5. User Defined Function Problem in Add-In
6. Converting PINE Addressbooks to Outlook
7. Advice required: Multiple workbooks, User forms, Add-ins?
8. visual perl????
9. Excel 97 - Engineering Functions add-ins
10. Excel 5 - How to use Add-Ins Analysis functions in VBA
11. Help with Excel Add-ins and function macros
12. Recognizing functions in Add-Ins