Opening Macro *.xlm files upon startup of Excel?

Opening Macro *.xlm files upon startup of Excel?

Post by Cyrus K. Meh » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

How do I have a macro file open up when Excel starts up while still
keeping it in its own path directory.

Cyrus

3934 Spruce Street              WWW: http://futures.wharton.upenn.edu/~mehta11
Philadelphia, PA 19104          School Phone: (215) 387-8732

Know when to let go of what was... and be certain that your focus is always on
the moment... and that your plans only concern the future.
Not the past.
                                                 -- Jim Profit

You can deny all the things I have seen, all the things that I have discovered,
but not for much longer.  Cuz too many others know whats happening out there,
and no one has jurisdiction over the truth.
                                                 -- Fox Mulder

1. macro XLM excel

Hello, we have a reporting application that export results in Excel
(from version 4.0 to 2000).  We use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) to
make the communication between the two application.  First, we create
a text file that contains our results and then we post the following
message to excel : "[OPEN.TEXT("FileName",2,1,1,3,0,1,0,0,0,0)]" to
import it.  It works but our problem is that Excel give the type
"General" to all the columns in the text file and so do an automatic
formating when a column contains number or date.  If we have 001 in
our data, Excel will format it as 1 and then we lose our prefix zeros.

We know that we can pass to Excel the type for each column by posting
the message : "[OPEN.TEXT("FileName",2,1,1,3,0,1,0,0,0,0,{1\2;2\2})]"
if we want the two columns to be text.  The problem is that nothing
happen when we add the array of types at the end.  It's maybe the
syntax that is incorrect but we have found it by using Excel.  We
tried many combinaison to use the array of types properly but without
success.

Please help us.

2. Centrex vs. standard ISDN?

3. EXCEL 3.0: MACRO write variable XLM->XLS

4. Frustrating problem

5. excel opens all files in directory on startup

6. HD Power Up Time

7. Opening an excel file while excel is open

8. nptr95 and win98. Help!

9. EXCEL: Macro to convert data format while opening a text file with delimiter

10. Excel 5.0 VB: Cannot open files with macro

11. How to check if excel file is open or not using macro

12. Creating Excel macro to open an executable file in local directory?

13. How to run macro when Excel file opens?