Excell macro problems

Post by Bob Mort » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Classroom enviornment.  All machines worked ok begining of semester (3 weeks ag
o.   Student machines will run macros fine, as well as record them.  Instructor
machine (with overhead) will not run macros or record them.  When I attempt
to record them I get a file conversion error. I have uninstalled and reinstalle
d from our network ( enviornment Pentium/sund card/vga monitor/Windows 3.11
office pro).  It is set up as a workstation off the network.  Any  help would
be appreciated.  I cam e back from a 2 week vacation for birth of daughter
to find this problem!   Thanks

Bob Morton

1. Macro in Excell 97

I am using Excell 97 in Win 98!

I recorded a Macro in a spreadsheet that would go to a column; and then try
and FIND a given date; however my macro will not stop and let me enter the
Date, rather it finds the last date displayed in the Find Dialog Box.

My macro is:

Application GoTo Reference = "DATE"
     Cells.Find (What:="05/26/00", After:=ActiveCell, Lookin:=xlValue,
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:=False).Activate

Two Questions:
Is there a way to stop macro and enter DATE I wish to FIND?

Is there a way to create a macro to call up a dialog box like Find?

Thanks for any help given
Bob Leonard

2. Help with Immortal level 5

3. Excell macro for selecting and storing variable to the next cell

4. Mouse pinouts on a 4D20

5. Excell 97 Macro Language

6. A2386SX + Cyrix SRx2 + IIT copro

7. Excell 97 macro language