Q: How to determine is DDE link active.

Post by Peter Gabo » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have a spreadsheet which has an external (remote) DDE Link to another
program.  (I am on a Mac, Excel 5.0a, Manual calculation).  Each time I
open the sheet, I am asked whether I want to update the links (if I say
yes, it can take up to 10 minutes for legitimate values to appear).
Most of the day, I say no (and hence Excel gives me the prior values).

My question is this: how can I tell whether the old values are being
used or whether the link is Active?  Alternately, how can I tell whether
the user said Yes or No to Update Links?  LinkInfo does not change based
on the above selection.
Also, if I don't update the links upon opening the sheet, can I update a
specific one while my spreadsheet is still open?

                Thanks,
                     Peter Csaba Gabor

1. Determine if a windows is active

I need to determine if a window is active (ie opened - either showing or
behind another window)
If the window is opened I need to be able to send status nessages to it for
display in a list view.

Can someone point me in the right direction to determine if a particular
data or dialog window within my application is opened and how might I send a
text string to that window for displaying in a list view.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jeff

2. aligning table on spreadsheet help me!!!

3. Determining Number of Active Windows

4. how to alter image() axis??

5. Determining active explorer pane in ShellFolderView

6. Mount Me !

7. excel97: cell with extern dde link not refreshed when code is running

8. OOPSLA 2000 REMINDER

9. Accepted tasks for Excel via DDE link

10. DDE Linking in 123r5

11. DDE links

12. Copying Actual Numbers and NOT DDE Link functions

13. Anyone know how to DDE link across network?