Ecxel 8.0 & Lotus 123/97 files

Post by Ruup4itt » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Goes anyone know of a way to import into Excel 8.0 workbook files from Lotus
123/97 (part of smartsuite 97). I have tried about everything I know and can't
seem to be able to do it.
Are there any recent filters or file converters that may be able to help??

Ecxel 8.0 & Lotus 123/97 files

Post by peter russe » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I don't think you can do this transfer either way.
To get the files into Excel8 they will have to be opened in
123-97 and saved in a different format that is acceptable
to Excel.
Peter Russell

>Goes anyone know of a way to import into Excel 8.0 workbook files from Lotus
>123/97 (part of smartsuite 97). I have tried about everything I know and can't
>seem to be able to do it.
>Are there any recent filters or file converters that may be able to help??

1. How to read Lotus '97 (*.123) workbook in Excel '97

Hi All,

I've received a file from a user that is clueles
that is a "123" file. It seems the file is indeed
a Lotus 97 workbook file (*.123) but when Excel '97
reads it it says "Excel can not open Lotus 123 4.x file".

I thought this might be a registry problem on one of
my PCs (one that _has_ Lotus 123 R4 on it. So trying
it on a "clean" PC doesn't help. There must be some
data in the file that Excel reads as 123 R4, eventhough
it is newer.

Using my 123 R4 causes a "This file was created by a
newer version of 123" message. (makes sense!)

What can I do to read this file (short of telling the
user to save it in a common format, for some reason
everyone doesn't want to upset this user by asking for
what we need. The result is I need to screw around
with this "new" version!)

Thanks,

Larry Brandt
State Street

2. Flicker Fixer Dilema

3. Porting Lotus 123 rel 5 add-in to Lotus 97/millenium

4. Why did I lose my delete option?

5. Lotus 123-97 Macros/Lotus script

6. Getting Listed in Telecommunications Directory

7. Lotus 123 97 & compose sequences

8. IrDA for data exchange for Nokia 7110

9. Lotus 123-97 - File won't save

10. Lotus 1-2-3 97 Version .123 File Recovery

11. corrupt lotus 123 (97) files

12. Lotus 123 97 error message re LFMN10.dll

13. Lotus 123 '97, @@