Change Label Value in Dialog Box in XL5?

Post by Edward Milln » Sat, 11 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> Is there a way of changing the value of a label in a custom dialog
> box.  I want a label to become a tracking number that the user can
> not change.  I have been able to get the value to come up in an
> edit box but not as a label.  Here is what I have tried:

> DialogSheets(1).EditBoxes(9).Text="Tracking Number"
> DialogSheets(1).EditBoxes(9).Value=951106

> These both work but I want to be able to do this for a label

> DialogSheets(1).Labels(9).Text="Change this value"

> Am I going about this the wrong way?

> Thank in advance
> -Steve

I'm not sure about the 9.  If when you click on the label, the name in the
upper left hand corner is "Label 9", use the following code.

   DialogSheets(1).Labels("Label 9").Text = "Change this value"

Ed Millner

Post by Run-sun P » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: These both work but I want to be able to do this for a label

: DialogSheets(1).Labels(9).Text="Change this value"

DialogSheets(1).Labels(9).Caption = "Change this value"
                          ^^^^^^^
You should have known this 'cause your code should result in
an error message saying " Labels have no Text property".

Pan

1. Using dialog boxes in add-ins

I want to create an add-in with dialog boxes in it but when I go to save
it as a .xla file the option is not there.  This occurs when I have a
dialog sheet selected.  If I select a worksheet in the same workbook the
option to save it as a .xla file appears.

I want to be able to access my dialog boxes in an add-in from any
worksheet that I open.  Any ideas??

Raul Lopez

2. Courier "unable to retrain"

3. How do I load XL4 add-ins using XL5??

4. hard drive lock-down?

5. XL5/VBA: Validating dialog input box-by-box?

6. FS: Macintosh PowerBook 5300ce

7. Changing default plug-ins directory

8. PDF ifilter indexing

9. more tty changes: wrap, null, ins/del char, etc.

10. Responding to XL5 Dialog Boxes using VBA

11. XL5 VBA Q: Multiple file selection dialog box?

12. DIALOG BOX help needed--XL5