Creating one file from several Excel spreadsheets.

Creating one file from several Excel spreadsheets.

Post by Richard Coyl » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Here is my problem. I am getting various .xls spreadsheets created from my
application. I can use MS Binder to put them together but after about 20
or 30 of these files I reach the max Binder can handle. Is there anyother
tool that can handle around 8000 files and create one.

Many thanks.

Richard C.

Creating one file from several Excel spreadsheets.

Post by Taylor Walsto » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

First consider why you have over 8000 files.  Maybe you can consolidate them
first.  If each of these files has for example just one sheet then you are
facing some major overkill.

Quote:> Here is my problem. I am getting various .xls spreadsheets created from my

Post by Harlan Gro » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Here is my problem. I am getting various .xls spreadsheets created from my
>application. I can use MS Binder to put them together but after about 20
>or 30 of these files I reach the max Binder can handle. Is there anyother
>tool that can handle around 8000 files and create one.

8000 files! Even 8000 worksheets! Your application is in desperate need of a
serious redesign. Why so many? FWIW, if you're running under Win95/98 with a
FAT drive, each file would take up either 16,384 or 32,768 bytes. Multiply that
by 8000 and you're well into hundred million byte total storage. This much data
cries out for a database organization in which you can index (if not key)
records for fast access. 8000 worksheets would be a huge mess to access in any
systematic way.

1. Creating multiple EXCEL File from one master file

Hi Fellows;

I have a master SAS data set which contains records for each state. I need
to create an EXEL file which contains information from that master file for
each state.

How do I do that using SAS. I have Version 8.2 SAS on my PC. The master file
is saved on my PC as well.

Thank you in advance;

Wollo

2. Scheduling software for Ultrix

3. How can I compile several ps file to one big file?

4. TaskMaster IS Fun!!!

5. How to copy several pdf-files in one pdf-file?

6. Obtaining system ID with DJGPP

7. ! HELP, how to combine several PDF files into one big PDF file, THANK YOU

8. v3...fp35...removeable MO

9. Use one file to process several other files.

10. Shell extension for one file class but several files at once?

11. Excel low-level format for creating Excel files outside of Excel?

12. NEWBIE;Need help merging several databases into one that several apps use.

13. Excel: How to plot several X series on one Y series plot (2D and 3D)?