Hope this mail finds you good!!!
This is Vijay Karthik from MARLABS Inc. we have an urgent requirement for
one of our client in *Chicago, IL*. Kindly go through the requirement and
please send me if you have any consultants available to *
*Title: Technical Lead Architect - Teradata*
Duration: 6 months plus
Location: Chicago, IL
The Lead Technical Architect serves as the technical leader on Teradata
implementation projects. These projects include the full lifecycle of
Teradata implementations including design, implementation and sustaining
optimization. This is a senior level implementation role on Teradata
implementation teams working with customers at customer sites to deploy
Teradata solutions. Lead Architects are responsible for the quality and
delivery of the entire Teradata technical solution. In this role the Lead
Architect provides technical direction for DBA's, ETL developers and BI
tool developers to ensure that the technical vision is met.
*Key Areas of Responsibility:*
Define data element requirements including history, timeliness
and frequency of data.
Define volume and timing requirements.
Define server process requirements.
Development of standards and procedures for the ETL/BI/DBMS
Logical Data Modeling including familiarity with the ERwin
Physical database and semantic layer design
Evaluation and utilization of software products to assist in the
management of data.
Design the ETL/ELT interface including technology choices.
Design, develop, and test processes for loading initial data into
a data warehouse.
Design, develop, and test processes for loading cyclical data
into a data warehouse.
Design, develop, and test processes for validating and
conditioning data prior to loading into a data warehouse.
Lead performance, integration, and system testing.
Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning; diagnosis of problems.
Interface with ETL and SQL developers for performance and data
*Lead Technical Architect candidates will have demonstrated understanding
and proficiency in*
Need Minimum: 8-10 years of experience
- The Teradata database and database architecture
- Teradata implementation tools and utilities such as Teradata parallel
transporter, stored procedures, UDFs, etc
- Application of data modeling techniques to provide business solutions
with relational databases
- Physical Database Design and the use of Teradata physical constructs
such as PPIs, AJIs, etc.
- ETL/ELT Architecture and design fundamentals including transformation
techniques, error handling techniques, etc.
- Deployment of Business Intelligence tools and the creation of
semantic/view layers to support those tools. This may include BI tools
such as MicroStrategy and SAS as well as Teradata analytic applications
such as TRM.
- Teradata support and management tools including Teradata Viewpoint,
TASM, DBQL, etc.
- Experience in executing data warehouse projects in conjunction with
off shore development teams
- Direct hands on experience with ETL toolsets (Informatica, DataStage)
and/or BI tools (MicroStrategy, Cognos, SAS)
- Experience in integrating CDI solutions/output into the data warehouse
- Experience in delivering CRM solutions in conjunction with data
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Previous consulting or systems integrator experience; Big 4 experience
is a plus
*Marlabs* *Inc.** *
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1466 | eFax: 732.676.7992 |
www.marlabs.com | www.facebook.com/marlabsinc | www.twitter.com/marlabs |