How does one play Wave Files in TAPI 3.0

How does one play Wave Files in TAPI 3.0

Post by StuGru » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:58:55

I have searched this newsgroup and found many questions regarding how
to play/record wave files via TAPI 3.  All the users have asked for
code samples.  To date, no one has ever replied with a code sample.  I
am using VB Net and TAPI 3.  I can make and receive calls, but the
MSDN is terrible when it comes to explaining what to do with the
Terminals, File Terminals, Streams, etc.  There exists only reference
material with a list of methods, no examples, nor any explanation of
what sequence in which to call the methods, nor upon which object
another interface object is "exposed".  Is there anyone who can reply
with a VB or VB Net code snipet which shows the process?

How does one play Wave Files in TAPI 3.0

Post by Samuel Owusu Anin » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:18:32

Hello, I had similar problems with Tapi 3.0. using VB 6.0. What I had to do
finally was to bypass all the createTerminal, mediaStreaming Terminal stuff
and do the ff.
1. recieve the call and connect it.
2. use the addressCapability to get the modem/deviceID of the device which
made the call/recieved the call.
3. I then use directshow(directx) to locate that modem and play back the wav
file. You will have to install Directx 8.1 SDK. It is part of MS Platform
SDK (300+ MB size). Directshow will expose all the filters on your system
(including the modem-in and out). The modem-in is part of the "audio
capture" filter group and modem-out is part of "audio render" group. The
"file source" filter is used to load the wave file from disc.
There is a Directx application (GraphEdit)which allows you to graphically
see all these filter and inter-connect them. You can do all these
programmatically as well.

Quote:> I have searched this newsgroup and found many questions regarding how
> to play/record wave files via TAPI 3.  All the users have asked for
> code samples.  To date, no one has ever replied with a code sample.  I
> am using VB Net and TAPI 3.  I can make and receive calls, but the
> MSDN is terrible when it comes to explaining what to do with the
> Terminals, File Terminals, Streams, etc.  There exists only reference
> material with a list of methods, no examples, nor any explanation of
> what sequence in which to call the methods, nor upon which object
> another interface object is "exposed".  Is there anyone who can reply
> with a VB or VB Net code snipet which shows the process?

1. Playing and recording wave files with TAPI 3.0

Hello,

sorry that I am posting again on this topic, but perhaps someone can help me
out.
I have successfuly devoloped an application which is recognizing and sending
DTMFs. It works fine, but now I want to extend it to play and record wave
files.
Since I am using Visual Basic 6 and (not enough about this fact :-) )  also
TAPI 3.0 ( now it's becoming real hard :-)) I can't use the GetLineID
function and the use Wave/out functions as I did while devoloping on TAPI
1/2.
Can anyone help me on how to handle this with TAPI 3 and VB?
I have seen no samples about this yet using vb. Is anybody aware of where to
find some?

Best regards

Markus Veutner

2. Thad and me

3. TAPI 3.0 Playing and recording Wave files

4. Zip 250 - Let's try again

5. playing wave file in tapi 3.0

6. Building Environmental Simulation????

7. Play wave file over the phone (TAPI 3.0)

8. playing wave in tapi 3.0

9. Playing more than one wave file on phone.

10. WAVE file ability in TAPI 3.0

11. Wave Files in TAPI 3.0

12. Tapi How to play a wave file after establishing the connection