Getting IPX/SPX network adddress in a Microsoft Network

Getting IPX/SPX network adddress in a Microsoft Network

Post by LAI » Sun, 09 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I plan to write a small program, similar to most of the networking games,
broadcasting throughout the network (Novell not available, Windows 95 only)
when it is active, and at the same time lookup for available connections. I
plan to use IPX/SPX protocol.

I have some questions here:

1) How to broadcast the message that my program is active and available for
incomming connection?
2) How can I get the network addresses when I need to transfer some data
through IPX/SPX within a microsoft network?

I have been programming with TCP/IP using WinSock for quite some time. But
I am rather new in IPX/SPX.
Can anybody out there give me some clue to start with IPX/SPX , preferably
by using WinSock too?

Getting IPX/SPX network adddress in a Microsoft Network

Post by LAI » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Thanks. I found the IPXCHAT as you mentioned.

Regards

Quote:> There's a example in the MSDN. It's called IPXCHAT or something like

--
David Peter                      | A repo man is always intense.
Insignia Solutions plc           | But only a fool gets killed

Voice: +44 (0)1494 453351        | http://www.insignia.com