FTP over RAS (Windows NT 4.0 Workstation).

FTP over RAS (Windows NT 4.0 Workstation).

Post by Alexis Suare » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:36:09

I have the following enviroment:
FTP client connecting to the FTP Server through a RAS(PPP
with null modem).
_FTP client (allocated in PC1)
_RAS, FTP (allocated in PC2) Server belong to the same
subnet.

I have the following problem:
The RAS is having problem to route the IP datagrams to the
FTP Server when the FTP Server and RAS are allocated in
the same computer (but both have addresses that belong to
the same subnet). However If I install the FTP Sever in a
different computer that belongs to the same subnet
everything works.

I will appreciate any input on this.

Thanks & regards,
Alexis.

problems to connect a FTP client over RAS (PPP with null
modem) with the FTP Server. PPP phase connection between
the FTP client and the RAS is OK but when the RAS Server
tries to route the IP datagram to the

FTP over RAS (Windows NT 4.0 Workstation).

Post by arkady » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 05:57:44

You can ask additionally on some IT forum too , like
microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras
Arkady

Quote:> I have the following enviroment:
> FTP client connecting to the FTP Server through a RAS(PPP
> with null modem).
> _FTP client (allocated in PC1)
> _RAS, FTP (allocated in PC2) Server belong to the same
> subnet.

> I have the following problem:
> The RAS is having problem to route the IP datagrams to the
> FTP Server when the FTP Server and RAS are allocated in
> the same computer (but both have addresses that belong to
> the same subnet). However If I install the FTP Sever in a
> different computer that belongs to the same subnet
> everything works.

> I will appreciate any input on this.

> Thanks & regards,
> Alexis.

> problems to connect a FTP client over RAS (PPP with null
> modem) with the FTP Server. PPP phase connection between
> the FTP client and the RAS is OK but when the RAS Server
> tries to route the IP datagram to the

1. Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect to computers using their serial/paralel ports. One
has Windows 95 and the other Windows Wkstation 4.0. Does anyone
have an idea how can I do that ?? I know NT 4.0 doesn't have DCC ( Direct
Cabel Connectio ), so what are the other ways to do that ?? Can I a use
the paralel port of one and the serial port the other ?? How can I find
which
COM is assigned to each port and if it's in use or no ?? ( I'm having
some problems to find out which port should I use .. )

Thanks in Advance
Renato, Brazil.

2. FS/FT NEC 770 w/ 32mb cf

3. How to differentiate between Win NT 4.0 workstation and NT server

4. ADSI/.Asp simple create user doesn't work from client machines

5. screensaver under windows nt workstation 4.0

6. error 8021, Browser problems and RAS

7. Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

8. MOBO PROBLEMS

9. Visual C++ 4.0 Install on Windows NT workstation 3.5 ???

10. porting an OS/2-Presentation Manager application to Windows NT 4.0 workstation

11. How to reboot Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

12. Locking a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation by code