authenticating from ISP over tapi connection

authenticating from ISP over tapi connection

Post by Deep » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:45:09

Hello all,
Could somebody give me pointers or suggestion about how and what
should I send to the ISP server to authenticate my client app which
wants to connect to the ISP server thru telephone line. The objective
here is to use TAPI, In RAS we can authenticate client by setting the
user name and password in RASDIALPARAMS and passing it to RASDIAL. How
could we replace this in TAPI

authenticating from ISP over tapi connection

Post by Code » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:54:11

You CAN'T use TAPI to connect and login to the internet... but you CAN use
BOTH TAPI AND RAS... I do this in my callerID application
www.vejvoda.com/vsoft

Anyways.... IF you opened the modem using TAPI... then you CAN also dial
your ISP using RAS because TAPI allows multiple apps opening the modem... if

Quote:> Hello all,
> Could somebody give me pointers or suggestion about how and what
> should I send to the ISP server to authenticate my client app which
> wants to connect to the ISP server thru telephone line. The objective
> here is to use TAPI, In RAS we can authenticate client by setting the
> user name and password in RASDIALPARAMS and passing it to RASDIAL. How
> could we replace this in TAPI

1. connection with an ISP server

Sir,
I want to create an application to connect with an ISP
server. After establishing the connection I want to
transfer files from the server and to the server (similair
to the registration process done by ISP's). How can I do
this. What is the technology underneath this. Can I use
Internet API's or RAS API's for the same. My program is
intended for Win 95 to ME and win NT to 2000 OS's. Please
advice.

regards Anu

2. Why don't icons have a string for CLI arguments?

3. Quick way, using WinSock, to detect if there is a connection to ISP?

4. Can't Find Users

5. internet connection via an ISP

6. Firewall Opinions wanted

7. Connection to an ISP under windows (Ras?)

8. PHCO_13626 and Year 2000

9. TAPI-server to TAPI-client connection problem

10. Q: using tapi to establisth connection for NON-tapi application

11. Mouse Overs

12. Roll Overs in c++

13. Mouse overs