BitBlt on 256+ colors desktop doesn't display

BitBlt on 256+ colors desktop doesn't display

Post by AB » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We have an 8 bit/pixel CBitmap on top of which is a BitBlitted a smaller
8 bit/pixel CBitmap.  This works fine when the desktop has 256 colors.
When we increase the desktop colors to 65535 the second CBitmap
does not get displayed.  Whats wrong?

Details:
    The second smaller CBitmap is used as the display area in a memory
CDC.  We use CDC::Rectange() and CDC::SetTextColor() to draw text
inside and filled rectangle.

We then use CDC::BitBlt() to display the smaller atop the larger in
the CView::OnPaint() of the parent window.

A ColorRef is used to set the text color and the fill color of the
rectangle.

Are there any "SuperVGA" concerns that we should be worrying about?

Thanks for any help.

1. Bitblt displaying 256 colour bitmaps in 16 colours

Hi all

Does anyone know why BitBlt() would display a 256 colour bitmap
in 16 colours (under Win 3.1x)? Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Dr. Abimbola A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)

Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 4.25 for Win16 and Win32:
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief425.zip

2. Duel Monitors on PC?

3. again, 256 color bitmap to non-256 color display

4. VxFS and ACL's

5. 256 color toolbar on 256 color display

6. WINS API?

7. bitblt fails on 256+ colors display

8. FS: A1200 System

9. display non-dithering colors for 256 color display

10. How to display 256-greylevel bitmap on 256-color device using programmed system palette?

11. Displaying 256-Color BMP's with SetDIBitsToDevice ?

12. Displaying multiple 256 color BMP's at once

13. Can't display bitmap unless system palette is set to 256 colors