1. Modal dialog as the parent of a modeless dialog...
I'm using a third party activex control in my MDI application. I think
it is written in MFC and of composite type. It is kind of an editor,
the control has to be created only once and whenever needed it should
in a modal dialog box.
Though I'm not very sure, if this is the "correct" implementation, I
The control needs a parent window, so at the application start up,
I create a modeless dialog and creates the control specifying modeless
dialog as its parent and hide the dialog.
While working inside a MDI child window, when the user requests, a
modal dialog is created (with parent as the CMDIChildWnd) and the
dialog is made child of of modal dialog & placed inside and shown.
Once the interaction is done, the modeless dialog is hidden.
The hierarchy is like this:
Parent of control is modeless dialog
Parent of modeless dialog is modal dialog
Parent of modal dialog is the CMDIChildWnd.
I'm facing some problems with this implementation, as always, while
handling modal & modeless dialog boxes together.
1) Though I'm setting the parent of the modeless dialog, its not set.
The GetParent() still returns the mainframe.
2) The keyboard messages are not processed by the control, unless I
a FALSE in CMDIChildWnd
3) Keyboard accelerator messages are not received by the modal dialog.
can be received by the CMDIChildWnd.
I hope my explanation is clear, if not pls let me know.
Any ideas on what's happening? Also any thoughts on a possible "good
design" would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time.
2. colormap editor -- very useful
3. Modeless dialog out of a Modal dialog box: possible?
4. Bridgeboard and serial ports
5. Modeless dialog inside modal dialog
6. Slow Printing
7. Modal dialog doesn't disable modeless dialog when running InPlace.
8. Minix 1.5.5 upgrade problems
9. Calling a modeless dialog box from a modal dialog box
10. Showing modeless dialog from modal dialog
11. REPOST: Modal dialog doesn't disable modeless dialog when running
12. Modeless Dialog in another modeless Dialog
13. Help! Modal dialog opening modal dialog = problem