NT 4.0 printer driver font rotation

Post by Mike Owen » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

I can't seem to get GDI to present font rotation for printer resident fonts
in DrvTextOut(). It does present rotation for system fonts. I've set
TC_CR_90 | TC_RA_ABLE|TC_CR_ANY in gdiinfo.flTextCaps as well as
FM_INFO_90DEGREE_ROTATIONS|
FM_INFO_TECH_BITMAP
in ifimetrics.flInfo. Is there something I've missed?

NT 4.0 printer driver font rotation

Post by Mike Owen » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Please disregard this message. Applied in another group. Sorry

Quote:> I can't seem to get GDI to present font rotation for printer resident
fonts
> in DrvTextOut(). It does present rotation for system fonts. I've set
> TC_CR_90 | TC_RA_ABLE|TC_CR_ANY in gdiinfo.flTextCaps as well as
> FM_INFO_90DEGREE_ROTATIONS|
> FM_INFO_TECH_BITMAP
> in ifimetrics.flInfo. Is there something I've missed?

1. Porting Win95 printer driver & port monitor to NT 4.0

Hi all,

        I've written a Windows 95 printer driver, port monitor and VxD to drive a
card printer. Now, the printer uses a slightly odd communication method -
it uses a combination of a COM port and direct I/O mapped port I/O, so
under the approach I followed under win95 was as below :

        1. Created minidriver with unitool.
        2. Hooked into STARTDOC, NEXTBAND, ENDDOC and ABORTDOC.
        3. Wrote port monitor & VxD to handle communication COM port and I/O
ports.

        I hooked into STARTDOC, NEXTBAND, etc because I needed to do some
pre-processing (convert to CMYK, dithering and so on) on the image data.

        Now I need to write an NT version of the drivers and I'm a little unsure
as to how to proceed, well, from the relevant section in NT DDK Docs I've
come up with the following 2 possibilities :

        1. Write FULL driver and port monitor (I'd rather not).
        2. Create minidriver, using RasDD, and write a port monitor.

        ATM, option 2 seems the best, but there's a few things I'm not sure about:

        1. Is CBFilterGraphics the only way I can hook into the minidriver ?
        2. Is CBFilterGraphics described in more detail anywhere (I need to know
things like how much of the image will lpBuf point to when CBFilterGraphics
is called (do I get bands or the full image) and exactly what should this
function actually do (do I need to copy the block of memory before changing
it, etc, etc)) ?
        3. Can I just use the port monitor from my '95 driver ?
        4. Where, if needed, can I find more info on NT port monitor development ?
        5. Is there a better source of documentation than the DDK Docs ?

TIA,
--
Scott Hill

Software Engineer (and all round nice guy)
Author of Pandora's Box
Company homepage : http://www.ddlinks.demon.co.uk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
                                                                - Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.

2. Banding in image of ink jet printer.

3. Can NT 4.0 Printer Driver Perform File I/O?

4. overspeed at high altitude

5. Looking for FULL raster printer driver source for NT 4.0

6. MD/DC/VA - Client/Server Professionals Wanted!!!!

7. Help with developing a simple NT 4.0 printer driver

8. Mail System Error - Returned Mail

9. Looking for bitmap printer driver source for NT 4.0

10. Help with writing a Windows NT 4.0 Printer Graphics Driver

11. How to implement own UI of printer driver under NT 4.0

12. DDK printer driver for NT 4.0

13. Need help: Win16 Printer Driver colors, rotation