HELP! 256-color bitmaps greater than 16 megs?

HELP! 256-color bitmaps greater than 16 megs?

Post by Maxamillia » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

CreateCompatibleBitmap returns NULL whenever I use bitmaps greater than
around 16 megs. What can I do?. Please, help would be much appreciated.

Maxamillian Shields

HELP! 256-color bitmaps greater than 16 megs?

Post by Raymond Ch » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

Windows 95 does not support traditional bitmaps larger than 16MB.
Instead of CreateCompatibleBitmap, try creating a DIB section,
which doesn't have a 16MB limit.

DIB sections are cool for a lot of other reasons, too.  For
example, you are allowed to access the bits of a DIB section
directly.
--
(My return address is intentionally invalid to foil spammers.  Delete the
".---" to get my real address.  I do this on my own time with my own money;