PC Server with WinSock

Post by Mike » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I have to build a chat server that will able to accept 10000
user in the same time.  One of my co-worker said that its
impossible to do that with a PC Server.  He said that will need
a SUN or a computer like that for the Server?

Is there a way to anticipate what power my server need? (I never
build a server that have more than 50 user :()

Thanks and sorry for my bad english,
Mike.

1. using Winsock 2.0 to develop ATM client/server Applications on WinNT Server 4.0

can any body Tell me how to develop ATM based
client /server programs using Winsock 2.0 libraries.
how to develop Applications using PVC and how to configure
the QOS structure and specify the VCI/VPI addresses to the
ATM_ADDRESS_IDENTIFIER.
plz send me some sample programs or list of functions
required to develop ATM based client/server applications.

Ashutosh

2. Money cannot locate file...

3. Need help URGENTLY: Winsock/FTP between to PCs

4. Acorn User CD-ROMs 2 and 3...

5. local PC loopback I/O via winsock, do packets go on net?

6. MS Time/Clock reading

7. WinSock+IrDA+Pocket PC - who has worked with it?

8. 56K connecting at 45k...

9. Winsock with 2 PC in 2 different subnetworks

10. Job - C++/Winsock for PC's and Unix

11. Unable to connect to Sun PC Netlink server

12. Registration on client pc on automation server.

13. Need Remote Access Server for my PC