Creating cursor bitmaps

Post by Mark A. Ri » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

I am creating a cursor using CreateIconIndirect.  I am using this to
create a cursor that is a modification of the standard arrow cursor.
It seems to work OK except that I can't seem to figure out how to
define the mask bitmap.

I create the two bitmaps and bitblt the bitmaps onto the existing
cursor bitmaps. When I just do the color bitmap it creats a nice
cursor except that the part that I added is always the reverse screen
color. I want this to be black. However, everytime I bitblt anything
to the mask bitmap, it ends up turning most of the cursor to black.
Even in part of the bitmap where I don't draw anything.

I am creating the two bitmaps (hbmMask and hbmColor) using the VC
resource editor.

Any suggestions? I suspect this is probably something simple that I
don't understand. Thanks for any help.

Mark A. Rice
Canary Labs, Inc.