external devices

Post by Yaron Aviga » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Im looking for a way to connect and handle external devices (like : coins >device, cards reader, .... ).

>Do Java can do it itself  (Java Api, drivers, parallel port ....  ) ?

>If Java cant do it itself and I will have to use another method , witch method >will be the most fast
>and efficient to work with ?

>a lot of thanks ..... Yaron

1. VB and External Devices

G'Day,

I am engaged in a project which requires VB to talk to and control a
number of external devices.  I want to keep my programming to the
minimum (because I am not a very good programmer and I want to actually
do something with the instrument, not spend a lot of time developing
drivers). I have two enquiries concerning this problem.

a) MULTIPORT RS232: Has anybody had experience with multiport RS232
boards under Windows (and VB in particular)?  I have come across only one
brand that claims to have a Windows driver, but I have no information on
the driver.  I would like to have up to eight RS232 lines available.

b) STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLERS:  I have not as yet found a stepper motor
controller board that comes with Windows/VB compatible drivers.  Does
anybody know of such a beast?

Any help will be much appreciated.  I am surprised at the lack of
drivers for such pieces of hardware, as Windows has been around long
enough to require them to be written.

Regards,
Ian

    Physics, A.D.F.A., Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 2600

2. linux - sendmail blocking?

3. How to access raw binary data on an external device?

4. HP Scanjet I I CX Specs

5. External Device Programming

6. CGI program problem: I want to create an image/x-xbitmap MIME subtype

7. Communication with external serial device

8. update to 4.0 mySQL question

9. Enable/Disable Devices Programmatically like Device Manager does

10. Device information in Win XP same as Device manager ?

11. How to Hide a device in the Device Manager ??

12. WDM device driver for USB mouse device

13. How do I get the Device ID of a device connected to the parallel port ?