Get help about print under windows 3.1

Post by YanTa » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

We are making the application for Mem Machine Interface of DCS control
system under windows 3.1. My application is very strong.But when my
application execution screen hard copy ,the windows system paused over
5-10 seconds.But the control system is not permited pause over 2
second.(In this period the operater can not see the real data). So we
look for the WINAPI3.1 to solve this problem.
but we can not! So we want to get help from you. can you help us?

Get help about print under windows 3.1

Post by Alex Sokole » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

YanTao;

You have to periodically relinquish control in your print loop with
PeekMessage() or equivalent.  The reason is that multitasking under Win
3.x is cooperative, that is, any task that wants to execute can do so to
the complete destruction of all other tasks, except for virtual machines
running a DOS program.  Good luck!

Alex