Converting 2.0 TSP to 1.4

Post by James Alsto » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I've written a TSP that runs under TAPI 2.0 (native NT4 or Win95 with
TAPI 2.1 upgrade). Some people running Win95 that want to use it have
upgraded to TAPI 2.1 and now have trouble with their old modem TSPs -
e.g. "Illegal operation" messages and the apps hang - I'm not sure which
TSPs.

I want to create a version that runs on Win95 without the TAPI 2.1
upgrade.

Our TSP is pretty simple - it allows you to make calls and answer calls
and not a lot else (there are no features that TAPI 1.4 does not support).

How much work would it be to convert it to run under TAPI 1.4?

One thing that may be relevant is that it creates a couple of threads
internally - I seem to remember reading that this would be different
with a 1.4 TSP.

Thanks for your time.

- James Alston

1. How do I send the COM handle from TSP 1.4 to TAPI application?

I open COM in my TSP 1.4 and send it as response on lineGetID call to TAPI
application, but TAPI application cannot use this handle because I have to
use
DuplicateHandle for copying this handle to TAPI application contents.

Problem: DuplicateHandle needs the the TAPI application process handle,
but TSP 1.4 don't receive it.

2. ThinkPad Modem in India

3. Recruiting TAPI 1.4, 2.X TSP Developers

4. recievers

5. To: Michael Dunn, memory leak in TSP 1.4

6. Beta Live

7. Is there a small memory leak in TSP 1.4 (TAPI SERVICE PROVIDER)?

8. Hardware projects

9. LINE_DEVSPECIFIC TSP->TAPI 1.4

10. TAPI 1.4/2.0/2.1 vs VC5

11. TAPI 1.4 or TAPI 2.0

12. Tapi 2.0 App problems under Win95 with Tapi 1.4

13. lineinitialize error under TAPI 2.0 (NT4) and not under TAPI 1.4 (Win95)