Getting printer driver to re-read win.ini

Getting printer driver to re-read win.ini

Post by SUNB.. » Sat, 01 Jan 1994 09:21:24

I need to make my laserjet driver read win.ini before it prints each new
job.  I have o do it this way, to change the paper settings, because the
app does not support it.

1. Getting services to re-read the system environment variables.

I want to have a CGI access a small "daily ticket" (which, of
course, is changed through an automated process everyday). Keeping
the ticket in a disk file doesn't seem reasonable because of the
frequent access required. I thought of using a system environment
variable, but services (the http server) don't get changes to the
system environment until the machine is restarted -- the service
controller only reads the environment once, at startup. Any other
suggestions?

Collin.

---

2. Money 99 P&B-Owner's equity accounts

3. getting iis3.0 to re-read registry

4. Slow browsing with win2k in NT domain

5. printer change and win.ini

6. The list is back

7. Printer control using win.ini

8. Lotus 1-2-3 Book Sale

9. Saving default printer in WIN.INI

10. VB: READING IN WIN.INI

11. win.ini and sys.ini

12. Reading WIN.INI from a Windows Program

13. How to use myfile.ini instead od win.ini ?