Errors in driver source code examples in 2K/XP DDK

Errors in driver source code examples in 2K/XP DDK

Post by Jose Luis Castill » Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:25:01

I think I have found something that could generate a buffer overflow
situation. Are actual drivers used by Windows 2k/XP the same than the ones
supplied with the DDK as source code? Where should I inform about that?

Jose Luis Castillo.

Errors in driver source code examples in 2K/XP DDK

Post by Don Bur » Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:32:23

With the latest DDK's, i.e. the XP DDK the sources do represent the
actual drivers, if you think it is a real problem and it is in the latest

that is the email for feedback on the DDK.

Don Burn
Egenera, Inc

Quote:> I think I have found something that could generate a buffer overflow
> situation. Are actual drivers used by Windows 2k/XP the same than the ones
> supplied with the DDK as source code? Where should I inform about that?

> Jose Luis Castillo.

1. how can i see the source code of NT/2K/XP

hi all

im an academic teacher, in MTA institute israel

how i can get to see the source code of the Windows Operating System?

i know that it is possible through paying.
who do i contact

all the same, since i wish not to spend money,
and i am a member of an academic institiute,
can my institute get it for free/discount?

thanks in advance

assaf

2. Saving from datagrid to Dataset

3. Error in compiling example code in DDK

4. Programming for Internationalization FAQ

5. ntoskrnl.exe and DDK conflicts (NT4 vs 2K, vs XP)

6. What is pipelined cache?

7. Porting from XP to 2k, ZwOpenFile/ZwCreatFile causes REBOOT on 2k :( HELP ME!

8. 3D CONVERSION FROM AUTOCAD 2002

9. AxCrypt - Open Source AES File Encryption for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP

10. File Filter Driver - 2K/XP

11. Can a kernel driver know itself in NT/2K/XP?