Hiding windows desktop

Post by Vijay Pari » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know hoe to tell Windows 95 to use a different shell
instead of Explorer.exe ?   How about hiding the Desktop window?

Thanks,

Eric Simon

Hiding windows desktop

Post by Michael Cow » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>Does anyone know hoe to tell Windows 95 to use a different shell
>instead of Explorer.exe ?   How about hiding the Desktop window?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoDesktop"=dword:00000001

gets rid of the Win95 Explorer desktop thus exposing the
ordinary desktop.  Set NoDesktop=0 to restore the Explorer
desktop

hth
-----------------------------
Michael Cowan

http://www.fujisan.demon.co.uk
Nottingham NG7 1JY UK
-----------------------------

1. hidden transparent full desktop window?

I have an application that needs to be able to scribble anywhere
on the desktop, but the application's window should be completely
transparent and hidden until needed.  It should become visible
with the overlay drawing, then disappear after a short delay.
I don't want title bars, menus, frames, or anything else to
show in the overlay window except the graphic elements.  I have
a hotkey functioning to bring control to my application at any
time, but I am having a hard time understanding the blizzard of
available window styles, extended styles, and show commands to
get the window to do what I need.  Does anyone have any tips or
pointers they might be able to share on this problem?

The target is NT 4.0, but I don't think this depends on the
platform.

Thanks alot!

Lester

--

2. What is "ip cache ager" ?

3. hiding the desktop window

4. OS/2, Windows and DDE

5. Programmatically hiding desktop icons

6. missing paint

7. Hiding individual Desktop Icons

8. SAS BI Developer---Austin, TX---12+months

9. Hiding normal desktop

10. Hiding or bringing back the Desktop Shell Explorer.exe

11. Hiding Desktop Icons

12. Hiding or bringing back the Desktop Shell Explorer.exe

13. Hiding Desktop