Using SDK dialog boxes from a WLL (Word DLL)

Using SDK dialog boxes from a WLL (Word DLL)

Post by Craig Hamilt » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hello all!

I am developing a WLL add-in for Word that requires the user to log into an
external system. Therefore I would like to present the user with a login
dialog box (ie. userid, password). What would be the easiest way to do this?

The thing that I am most unsure about is how to set up the dialog functions
correctly so that I can get the data from the dialog box for use in my WLL.

I am using Visual C++ 1.5 to do the development and Word 6.0. This is in
Windows.

I would like to make this WLL as self contained as possible since I will have
to port it to work with Excel as well. Also I will have to port the Excel and
Word versions to the Mac.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Craig Hamilton
NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd.
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

Post by Paul A. Billing » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I am developing a WLL add-in for Word that requires the user to log into an
>external system. Therefore I would like to present the user with a login
>dialog box (ie. userid, password). What would be the easiest way to do this?

Put your own dialog into your .rc that goes with your DLL.
Identical .rc file can be used for the Excel .XLL.  Don't
forget to save the HINSTANCE in LibMain so you can find your
dialog when you use LoadResource.

Paul

1. weird Word 6 -> Word 7 .WLL migration problem (window subclass)

Hi all.  I'm migrating a .WLL built for Word 6 and Windows 3.1 to work
under Windows 95 and Word 7 (aka Word 95).  In the startup code for this
.WLL, I subclass the main Word window using a SetWindowLong with
GWL_WNDPROC.  When I do this with Word 7, everything works like a champ
until I do something in Word that causes a dialog box to pop up.  Very
shortly after the dialog box appears, Word crashes with a page fault.
Here's the weird part:  if I have something like Spy running before I
perform that action that causes the dialog box to appear, everything
works
fine and dandy.  Also, Spy does NOT have to be running before I start
Word.
Everything still works fine if I start Word thereby performing the
subclass
and then start Spy before the dialog appears.

Environment-wise, the original .WLL was compiled 16-bit using VC++ 1.52
under Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and the new Word 7 stuff is compiled
32-bit using VC++ 4.0 under Windows 95.

Anybody got any ideas?  I'm stumped.

       I neigh, therefore I am (not).    ---- Rene Descarte's horse

2. Win98 Start up error 7323 ndishlp.sys

3. MS-WORD 6.0 WLL & ODBC DLL Add-Ins

4. MIDI: Live-Users wanted!

5. How do you handle Accelerators in modeless dialog boxes using SDK?

6. FS: Amiga 500/20HD/3Ram/Extra Drive

7. Using customized common dialog boxes in a DLL

8. HP 660cse - Printing Problem

9. Using TPW, how do I load dialog box resources from DLLs?

10. Convert Word CAPI WLL to an "OLE AUTOMATION" program???

11. Word 7 command identifiers (.WLL capi commands)

12. Word 7 WLL

13. MS Word WLL problem