BHO (browser help object) only one allowed on IE 5?

BHO (browser help object) only one allowed on IE 5?

Post by Niraj Sha » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know anything about IE 5 loading only one BHO?  Is this a bug or
a feature.  IE 4 can load multiple BHO's, but IE 5 only loads one.  What is
up?

Niraj Shah

BHO (browser help object) only one allowed on IE 5?

Post by Matthew Elli » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know anything about IE 5 loading only one BHO?  Is this a bug
or
> a feature.  IE 4 can load multiple BHO's, but IE 5 only loads one.  What
is
> up?

This is a known bug, that Microsoft don't seem to be in too much of a hurry
to fix. I've been told that it will be fixed in a future version, but we
haven't seen it yet...

Matthew Ellis

1. Help: Toolbar in IE browser control

I try to put an IE4 browser control into a dialog box(as main frame, no
menu) with toolbar and address bar displayed. The browser window shows and
works properly. But no matter what I do, I can not make IE toolbar and
address bar display and work.

Following is the detail of my implementation. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Tao

I implemented the minimum set of interface for the container manually(I
don't use MFC in this app):

IOleClientSite
IOleInPlaceSite
AdviseSink
IOleDocumentSite
IOleInPlaceFrame

The browser window works as expected. But control never shows its toolbar
and address bar, even after I use IWebBrowser2->put_ToolBar and
IWebBrowser2->put_AddressBar methods to enable them. The strange thing is
that although I use put_MenuBar to disable the menu, the control always
calls IOleInPlaceFrame::SetMenu, in which I don't do anything. But the
browser control never call the following three methods to display its
toolbar:

IOleInPlaceFrame::GetBorder
IOleInPlaceFrame::RequestBorderSpace
IOleInPlaceFrame::SetBorderSpace

I guess I need to setup some thing extra here for ActiveX control container
to make the IE browser display its toolbar. But I cann't get any clue from
MS documents regarding this issue.

2. REMARKS PREPARED FOR DELIVERY U.S. SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION RODNEY E. SLATER EUROPEAN CONFERENCE OF MINISTERS OF TRANSPORT COPENHAGEN, DENMARK MAY 26, 1998

3. The Objective-C OO-Browser V2.13, world's most flexible object-oriented code browser

4. server side pdf

5. Object allowed to access private members of same class object

6. Connect to existing call, no dialtone present

7. IE Default Browser Dialog

8. FS Lots of Apple stuff

9. Relation between AOL and IE(Browser)?

10. problems building a browser using the IE webbrowser control

11. Win32 API Code to manage IE Browser control?

12. clearing browser history (IE)

13. Javascript, Delphi and IE Web Browser 4 control