Creating a Child Process with Redirected Input and Output

Creating a Child Process with Redirected Input and Output

Post by Jim » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:25:42

Hi: Everybody

I am reading "Creating a Child Process with Redirected
Input and Output" from MSDN, because I want to read and
write from the console to a WIN32 windows application.

However, I don't know what those two .cpps are doing, how
can they communicate each? (the source file is in
attachment, or type "Creating a Child Process with
Redirected Input and Output" as keywords in MSDN search
box.

I run child process, the console window keeps open, and at
same time I let parent .cpp running, so what should I do
now, type something???

Thanks for your time.

Jim

  parent.cpp
6K Download

1. : A GUI App redirecting input and output from a child process.

On Win95 and NT 4.0.

I have looked at the online help in Dev Studio under
"Creating a child process with redirected input and output"
This explains using anonymous pipes to redirect input and output by
a console app.

In my case, I have a GUI app. The only way to achieve this by using
AllocConsole() in my app. (otherwise I cannot use STDIN/OUT pipes)
An ugly side effect is it creates a command DOS box, that
stays open until the child process has exited.
My question is: Is there a way to hide this window ? Make it
so that there is not even a flicker ?
I have tried EnumWindow and ShowWindow but the window
pops up anyway.

How does apps like Dev. studio or VCafe (they execute the
compiler/linker) or WinZip call console apps and pipe their input/output
without the DOS box showing up ?

If you have any ideas, please email them to

yahoo.com

2. Reset Button Question

3. How can I create console with redirected input and output ?

4. Intro to Encryption/Cryptography

5. How console child process use standard input output from GUI

6. FS: Kensington System Saver

7. Redirecting stderr: in single process, *not* in a child process.

8. redirecting input and output of console apps.

9. Redirecting input and output of a program

10. Redirecting input/output of a DOS program under Windows 95

11. Sample of using a microphone and redirect wave input to tapi output

12. Redirected Standard Handles in Child Process