Registering Active Object in In-Process Server for Out of Process Server, HOW?

Registering Active Object in In-Process Server for Out of Process Server, HOW?

Post by Kyle A. Mille » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:01:37

I have an in-process server which checks to see if an out of process
server is registered in the Running Object Table. If not, create the
object and register it. I call GetActiveObject first, then make my check
if I should create one. The problem is GetActiveObject fails when
calling from inside the in-process server. If called from a client
application, it is fine.

Is it possible to have a single instance an out of process server which
can be referenced and used by numerous in-process servers? If so, how?

Here are my interface declarations for my test apps and libraries.

IFooXDll = interface(IDispatch)
   ['{8CE424A8-0D3F-48FC-9270-E279E88856A6}']
   function Get_FooExe: IFooXExe; safecall;
   procedure Set_FooExe(const Value: IFooXExe); safecall;
   property FooExe: IFooXExe read Get_FooExe write Set_FooExe;
end;

IFooXExe = interface(IDispatch)
   ['{C681E07B-10E5-4177-8AD4-C834CBE109AF}']
   procedure CurrentDateTime(out CurrDateTime: TDateTime); safecall;
end;

1. Unloading DLL (in-process server) from client process space

Hello.

Does anyone know how to unload a DLL from a client process space?

My DLL is an Automation server and when it's no longer need I would like to
unload it.
When all the objects of the server are deleted, the DLL is not unloaded.

Can I keep track of all the objects served by the DLL and
explicitly unload the DLL when the last object receives
CCmdTarget::OnFinalRelease.

--
Best regards,
Shurik

2. Strong names

3. VB object as parameter to a free-threaded ATL in-process server

4. OVERPLANNING Y2K

5. object reference -> process ID of an out-of-process server?

6. US-MD C++ / VB DEVELOPERS NEEDED

7. WANTED: Info On Building In-Process Handler For Remote Server

8. CPM command list

9. In-Process COM Server(DLL) with UI Thread ?

10. Complicated Question about Monikers, the ROT and In-Process Servers

11. DCOM 1.1 for Win 95 and In-Process Servers?

12. Multiple server processes for singleton object?

13. Single server object with clients in multiple processes