HELP HELP - WSANO_DATA what does this really mean HELP HELP????

HELP HELP - WSANO_DATA what does this really mean HELP HELP????

Post by Taco Bil » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have a little app that has been running fine talking to its server across
different PC's quite happily now all of a sudden I am getting a WSANO_DATA
error returned after I call WSAAsyncGetHostByAddr ...
I looked up the meaning of this error and I am no wiser .. "valid name no
data of requested type" ....

???????????????????????????

the strange thing is if I run on the client on the same machine as the
server it all works fine .. if I run the client on a different machine I get
that error .. and 1 day ago I ran client and server on different machines
and it worked fine ..

btw I have an NT4 and Win95 machine so it has been cross platform ..it all
works under NT4 but not win95 to NT4 .. it worked a day ago from nt4 to
win95 but I have made changes to the server that only allow it to run under
NT now so I can't check if it still works as it did 1 day ago ..

What does this WSANO_DATA really mean .. what name is valid .. the IP
address I gave it?.. what data record of requested type can windows95 not
find that NT4 can ???

I am utterly bewildered and completely stuck !!!! please can some-one help
!!!

--
-
+===========================+
|     Taco Bill thanks you for your
|     kind help ..sorry you can't mail
|     me ... thank the spammers
+============+

1. HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

All,

when I try to build my program I get

getinfoDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

every thing looks finne what should I do?  Please Look at the code below

and let me know if anything is wrong.

{
NET_API_STATUS getinfo;
char buffername[30];
LPTSTR username, logon_domain, oth_domains, logon_server;
LPBYTE bufptr;
DWORD prefmaxlen;
short one1 = 1;
LPDWORD entriesread, totalentries, resumehandle;
WKSTA_USER_INFO_1 userinfo;

GetDlgItemText(IDC_COMPUTERNAME,m_computer);
strcpy(buffername,m_computer);
m_computer.MakeUpper();

getinfo = NetWkstaUserEnum(buffername, one1, &bufptr, prefmaxlen,
entriesread, totalentries, resumehandle);

 username = userinfo.wkui1_username;
 logon_domain = userinfo.wkui1_logon_domain;
 oth_domains = userinfo.wkui1_oth_domains;
 logon_server = userinfo.wkui1_logon_server;

Please help!!!!

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Carrier Detect Over a VMS LAT Protocol

3. HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

4. Win2000 networking

5. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP ... Did I mention that I need HELP?????

6. Basic Fitting Interface (BFI)

7. Help Help Help

8. password protected web page

9. Help on help : How to link fromPopup to normal help window

10. Scientific data via socket (HELP HELP HELP)

11. Reel Magic MPEG HELP HELP HELP !!

12. Child Windows (HELP HELP HELP)

13. HELP HELP HELP ME PLEASE