LDAP call from server side script using visual interdev

LDAP call from server side script using visual interdev

Post by Rick Nevin » Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know how one would proceed with doing an LDAP call to a
directory service, from a vbscript or javascript running on a server using
Active Server Pages and Visual Interdev?

1. using VB script for authenticating via LDAP

Here's the scenario:

I want to create a WEB page that reads information from an LDAP
database.

When I use the VB script libraries for authenticating to and readng
from The database the data is passed back as an object that VB script
doesn't recognize.  So of course I can't access the data I need to
unless I can define a schema for the object and then VB script will
understand how to use it.  My problem is I cannot define that schema
because of the rights that the account that will be logging into the
server has.

After testing a few things, it appears to me that microsoft has added
some stuff to their LDAP libraries that causes this problem. (making
there libraries not truely standard LDAP)

My question is:

Is there a way to tell VB script to use standard LDAP
objects/libraries?
Do truely standard libraries exist for VB script?

thanks

Kevin

2. Magic Eye program

3. Using job objects to limit memory and using a debugger side-by-side

4. Immediately Needed ************* Crystal Reports Developer ************** Chicago IL ************ CTH

5. GINA and server side login script

6. Bad Error!

7. how to get the client side's authority on dcom server side

8. Here's an arpresolve solution

9. Web servers and Visual Interdev

10. Visual Interdev w/ FP2000 Server extensions

11. Registering COM on remote server using server script

12. Client-side Javascript + Server-side VB.NET

13. How to Create a new local project in Visual Interdev 6.0 (without web server installed)