Enumerating/browsing hidden shares

Post by Aaron J Margosi » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm writing an app with capability to be remotely installed from NT
4.0.  After successfully using SHBrowseForFolder to identify the remote
computer, enumerating the objects of that computer only turns up the
non-hidden shares, even if I specify SHCONTF_INCLUDEHIDDEN.  I can see
the shares ADMIN$, C$, D$, etc. using NetShareEnum, but I'd like for the
administrator to then be able to use SHBrowseForFolder on those shares.
Without PIDLs for those shares, I'm stuck, right?

Did I miss something?  Your help is massively appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron J Margosis

Work phone:  703-516-6727

1. Q: Enumerating/browsing hidden shares

I'm writing an app with the capability of being remotely installed from
NT 4.0.  After successfully using SHBrowseForFolder to identify the
remote computer, enumerating the objects of that computer only turns up
the non-hidden shares, even if I specify SHCONTF_INCLUDEHIDDEN.  I can
see the shares ADMIN$, C$, D$, etc. using NetShareEnum, but I'd like for
the administrator to then be able to use SHBrowseForFolder on those
shares.  Without PIDLs for those shares, I'm stuck, right?

Did I miss something?  Your help is massively appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron J Margosis

Work phone:  703-516-6727

2. Windows 3.1 - 28,800 - How to make it work?

3. Enumerate hidden shares?

4. DUN Problems

5. Browse for Hidden NT Servers/Workstations

6. Problem with Blink Video Property

7. Invalid File Handle when browsing a share

8. Good after market text/user guide?

9. enumerating shares?

10. Enumerating (Shared) Network Resources Under VB6

11. Enumerate Shared Directories on Net

12. enumerating processes that don't want to share a file

13. How to enumerate windows share names on the local machine