how to run a DOS program without DOS window

how to run a DOS program without DOS window

Post by Daniel » Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I want to run some DOS program like arj and similar from my windows
application, as WinZip does, how can I avoid the "prompt of MS-DOS" window
to be opened (I don't need it)?
Of course I also want that my program stops until arj or pkunzip terminated
his work.
What function should I use: spawn, WinExec, or what?
thank you

Post by Chris Marriot » Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>I want to run some DOS program like arj and similar from my windows
>application, as WinZip does, how can I avoid the "prompt of MS-DOS" window
>to be opened (I don't need it)?
>Of course I also want that my program stops until arj or pkunzip terminated
>his work.
>What function should I use: spawn, WinExec, or what?

Use "CreateProcess" to run the process; this gives you back a process
handle. Do a "WaitForSingleObject" on the process handle to wait for the
process to terminate.

Chris

Visit our web site at http://www.skymap.com
Astronomy software written by astronomers, for astronomers

1. How do I run a DOS program without a DOS Box????

Hi,
Does anyone know how to execute a DOS program from within a C or
Pascal Windows exe without windows creating a DOS box to run the
program in?
I know it's possible because i've got some software which
executes DOS programs but pipes the output directly to a text
window within the executable. The software apears to use a DLL
called DOSEXEC.DLL.
Has anyone evercome across this or know how the trick is
performed?

Thanks

Ian

2. Accounting System

3. DOS program to run Windows program from a DOS shell

4. USB Zip setup

5. Running graphical dos program under dos shell window

6. God help me!!!!!

7. How to run program without openning DOS window?

8. need good/cheap lan/cable pocket scanner

9. Running DOS program without a Window on NT

10. Running DOS programs from Win and Win from DOS

11. How to distinguish Dos and Dos Box under Windows in run time.

12. How to run a program without openning DOS prompt?