Occasional Crash in NT.DLL,Kernel32.dll by invoking ODBC-Calls

Occasional Crash in NT.DLL,Kernel32.dll by invoking ODBC-Calls

Post by Oberl » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

if we execute a Visual C++ - program invoking Access-Database via ODBC-Calls , we
often get Crashes in NT.DLL or Kernel32.dll. Is anybody familiar with this
problem ?
best reguards
F.Oberle

Post by Henry Bar » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: >if we execute a Visual C++ - program invoking Access-Database via ODBC-Calls ,
: >we
: >often get Crashes in NT.DLL or Kernel32.dll. Is anybody familiar with this
: >problem ?
: >best reguards
: >F.Oberle
: >
: >

: So the Access ODBC driver can even crash NT? Wow, it must be worse than
: I thought.

    Did they really mean crash NT?

    I have problems with an MFC application that uses ODBC drivers
    to get to MS Access databases. Frequently when running under
    the de*, the app traps in NTDLL.DLL. I did not have this
    problem before I started using CRecordset objects to access
    MS-ACCESS databases.

    The problem has been getting much less frequent, so I have been
    able to live with it. Since it only happened when running under
    the de*, I thought it was some comflict related to that.

--
Hank Barta                              White Oak Software Inc.

                Beautiful Sunny Winfield, Illinois

Occasional Crash in NT.DLL,Kernel32.dll by invoking ODBC-Calls

Post by Richard Clark » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>if we execute a Visual C++ - program invoking Access-Database via ODBC-Calls ,
>we
>often get Crashes in NT.DLL or Kernel32.dll. Is anybody familiar with this
>problem ?
>best reguards
>F.Oberle

So the Access ODBC driver can even crash NT? Wow, it must be worse than
I thought.

--
Richard Clarke

1. Explorer crash, KERNEL32.DLL page fault, Win98 (apologies for previous)

(apologies, it seems my first draft of this, prepared for when this
error happened again, went out accidentally)

Not sure which is the best forum for this, but here goes:

Been having a problem with my Win98.  Specifically, about 45% of the
time Explorer will crash (sometimes, usually actually, right at boot
up before it's finished and I'm allowed to start using the pc).

The error information is:

Invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bffa3c2.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=bff7a3c2 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=0043367c SS=017f ESP=010ef0ec EBP=010ef108
ECX=0043001c DS=017f ESI=00000020 FS=22ef
EDX=0043001a ES=017f EDI=00000020 GS=2fe6

(There was also some byte information but Cut and Paste didn't copy
all this)

I'm not sure when it first started happening so I restored a save I
had done after doing a clean install on a reformatted hard disk and
installed all the necessary apps.

This restore worked fine until I noticed that EZCD Creator couldn't
find my burner.  I reinstalled this and this seems to be when it
started happening again.  I sincerely doubt this was the cheif cause
as previously everything was working fine with EZCD long before this
started happening.  But I felt I should mention it.

My theory is to rename the kernel32.dll and copy it over from the
install disk but I don't know which cab file it's in, nor can I find
an index of them (which I used to have in a Win95 book).

Also, lately I have been getting Blue Screen at start up with:

Fatal Exception 0E at 0028:C027DF30 IN VXD VMM(06) +00002F30

When pressing enter to get past this, Explorer is not running.

Any help appreciated.

-paul

2. XSL - Dynamically Sized Tables - Filling Empty <TD>'s for Incomplete Rows?

3. Kernel32.DLL crash

4. Wow! I've just "ported" ...

5. kernel32.dll crash - why?

6. Purchased a New Home

7. How can I use reported crash address to isolate fctn in KERNEL32.DLL?

8. Win2k Login time limit

9. Explorer crash, KERNEL32.DLL page fault, Win98

10. Socket problems causing crash in kernel32.dll

11. Can't find DLL entry point CreateFile in KERNEL32.DLL

12. Please HELP! Kernel32.dll and user32.dll problems

13. Kernel32.DLL Function Call Hook