porting an OS/2-Presentation Manager application to Windows NT 4.0 workstation

porting an OS/2-Presentation Manager application to Windows NT 4.0 workstation

Post by William Dobl » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Currently, I have a client that has a custom-built, Presentation Manager
application that runs under OS/2.  The client wants to move to Windows NT
4.0 workstation.  Are there any tools that can help to automate the
process of converting the OS/2 and Presentation Manager API calls to
their equivalent Windows NT API calls.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Post by Dan Kardel » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Currently, I have a client that has a custom-built, Presentation Manager
> application that runs under OS/2.  The client wants to move to Windows NT
> 4.0 workstation.  Are there any tools that can help to automate the
> process of converting the OS/2 and Presentation Manager API calls to
> their equivalent Windows NT API calls.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Check us out One Up Corporation. We are in the conversion business.
--
Daniel J. Kardell
One Up Corporation

http://www.1up.com

1. Problem reading Com port in NT 4.0 when port in use by another application

Is there any way of reading the status of serial comms ports under NT4,
from within MFC 4.2 ?

I've tried using the CreateFile() and direct inp() calls to read to I/O
memory, but I get exceptions when the port has already been opened by
another application.

The only other way would be to read the ports directly from within Kernel
mode, but before I go down this path, I want to make sure it is my only
option!

Has anyone had similar problems/solutions to it ?

Thanks,
Chris

2. Convert PICT to DIB programatically

3. Problems Reading & Writing Serial Port On NT 4.0 Workstation

4. WINDOWS'95 ----> Multiples USERS & COUNTS e-mail ????????

5. Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

6. PsiCards version 1.5

7. Training for OS/2 and Presentation Manager

8. Help installing GNUEmacs V18.55!

9. how to find out programmatically if the OS is NT workstation or NT Server.

10. screensaver under windows nt workstation 4.0

11. Is it possible to install remote TSP server on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?

12. Visual C++ 4.0 Install on Windows NT workstation 3.5 ???

13. How to reboot Windows NT 4.0 Workstation?