Newbie, second request, I need help with incomming calls

Newbie, second request, I need help with incomming calls

Post by eph.. » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:28:16

I got DTMF sending and DTMF detection working on an outgoing call
(TAPI2)  (Thanks Andreas).  Now I need to get it to answer the phone.
I get RINGING messages (finally), but neither OFFERING nor APPNEWCALL
(if indeed that is what I am supposed to get).
I get a "call handle invalid" when I try and do a linePickup and use
that call handle from that. lineGetNewCalls returns none. What could I
be doing wrong?

FYI:
Windows XP Pro
Zoom v.92 PCI model 3025 C

Is it my modem?  Is there a voice modem out there that's reasonably
priced
that will allow me to dial out, send and recieve DTMF, accept incoming
and originate outgoing calls and play/record wav files?

Thanks for any help,

Ephram Cohen

Newbie, second request, I need help with incomming calls

Post by Andreas Marschal » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:02:27

Did you open the line with LINECALLPRIVILEGE_MONITOR &
LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER ?

--
Best Regards  /  Mit freundlichen Gr?en
Andreas Marschall

Quote:> I got DTMF sending and DTMF detection working on an outgoing call
> (TAPI2)  (Thanks Andreas).  Now I need to get it to answer the phone.
> I get RINGING messages (finally), but neither OFFERING nor APPNEWCALL
> (if indeed that is what I am supposed to get).
> I get a "call handle invalid" when I try and do a linePickup and use
> that call handle from that. lineGetNewCalls returns none. What could I
> be doing wrong?

> FYI:
> Windows XP Pro
> Zoom v.92 PCI model 3025 C

> Is it my modem?  Is there a voice modem out there that's reasonably
> priced
> that will allow me to dial out, send and recieve DTMF, accept incoming
> and originate outgoing calls and play/record wav files?

> Thanks for any help,

> Ephram Cohen

Newbie, second request, I need help with incomming calls

Post by eph.. » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:37:46

Here's my lineopen.  I AM a little confused about the LINEMEDIAMODE
constants.  Are these reasonable to setup the answer?

        errCode = lineOpen (
                        ghLineApp,
                        giCurrentLine,
                        &hLine,
                        gCurrentLineInfo.dwAPIVersion,
                        0,
                        0,
                LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER | LINECALLPRIVILEGE_MONITOR ,
                LINEMEDIAMODE_AUTOMATEDVOICE |
LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE | LINEMEDIAMODE_UNKNOWN   ,
                        NULL
                   );

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:02:27 +0200, "Andreas Marschall"

>Did you open the line with LINECALLPRIVILEGE_MONITOR &
>LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER ?

Newbie, second request, I need help with incomming calls

Post by Andreas Marschal » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:33:33

lineOpen args are o.k.

MSDN about LINEMEDIAMODE in lineOpen:
dwMediaModes
The media type or modes of interest to the application. This parameter is
used to register the application as a potential target for incoming call and
call handoff for the specified media type. This parameter is meaningful only
if the bit LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER in dwPrivileges is set (and ignored
otherwise). This parameter uses one or more of the LINEMEDIAMODE_ Constants.

So your dwMediaModes are o.k. for voice modems.
Do you have a voice modem or is it just a data modem ?

--
Best Regards  /  Mit freundlichen Gr?en
Andreas Marschall

> Here's my lineopen.  I AM a little confused about the LINEMEDIAMODE
> constants.  Are these reasonable to setup the answer?

> errCode = lineOpen (
> ghLineApp,
> giCurrentLine,
> &hLine,
> gCurrentLineInfo.dwAPIVersion,
> 0,
> 0,
> LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER | LINECALLPRIVILEGE_MONITOR ,
> LINEMEDIAMODE_AUTOMATEDVOICE |
> LINEMEDIAMODE_INTERACTIVEVOICE | LINEMEDIAMODE_UNKNOWN   ,
> NULL
>    );

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:02:27 +0200, "Andreas Marschall"

> >Did you open the line with LINECALLPRIVILEGE_MONITOR &
> >LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER ?

Newbie, second request, I need help with incomming calls

Post by eph.. » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 04:03:05

I purchased a Zoom model 3025 that claims to do voicemail.

According to tExplorer (Sells Bro's)
Line 0 capabilities include 4 media modes

LINEMEDIAMODE_UNKNOWN, INTERACTIVEVOICE, AUTOMATEDVOICE, DATAMODEM

The LineName is Zoom V.92 PCI Voice Faxmodem

Conclusion:  I believe that I have a voice modem and the drivers to go
with it.

Ephram

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:33:33 +0200, "Andreas Marschall"

Post by Michael Dun » Wed, 01 May 2002 07:53:17

> I got DTMF sending and DTMF detection working on an outgoing call
> (TAPI2)  (Thanks Andreas).  Now I need to get it to answer the phone.
> I get RINGING messages (finally), but neither OFFERING nor APPNEWCALL
> (if indeed that is what I am supposed to get).
> I get a "call handle invalid" when I try and do a linePickup and use
> that call handle from that. lineGetNewCalls returns none. What could I
> be doing wrong?

There is nothing obviously wrong.

Have you tried this in the TAPI Browser?

--
Michael Dunn (Microsoft MVP) is a TAPI Developer and Tester
TAPI web page:  http://home.paralynx.com/~mike_dunn/tapi.htm

1. How to force a celular modem treat an incomming call as a data call

I have a problem when my cellular modem (GSM) receives a call from a
fixed modem. The cellular modem recognizes the call as a voice call
(display in the visor); when we send the tapi command "lineanswer", the
tapi sends to the modem an ATA command, I think that for the cellular
modem, an ATA command for voice incoming call is different from an ATA
command from an data incoming call. (This not occurs with fixed modem)
All the cases when the cellular modem recognizes the call as a Data
call, the ATA command generated by the "lineanswer" command works fine.

Any light?

Thank you.

Cesar Bremer.

2. How to generate a setup?

3. TSP Incomming call detection : calls droped immediately

4. REMOVING AD WHEN dcpromo FAILS ????

5. Newbie needs help on SDK DLL function calls

6. psion 5mx and unix

7. PLEASE HELP !!! (Second Request)

8. what is my versatec 8510 turbocadmate worth?

9. [Fwd: newbie help request (VB5) ...]

10. Transfer an Incomming Call

11. Incomming Call

12. Hangup and Reinitialize - Automatic incomming call reciever

13. TAPI Incomming Call