AVIFileOpen function of the SDK return REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

AVIFileOpen function of the SDK return REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

Post by Tamir Atiy » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:45:03

Hi all,
I am working with Win98 and MS Visual C++ 6.
The problem occur while I am trying to run an aplication that use vfw32.lib.
On this case the function AVIFileOpen return the value REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG.
I have checked the system directory and found that MSVFW32.DLL, AVIFIL32.DLL
and AVICAP32.DLL are all exist in place.
I have also notice that the same aplication run perfectly on different
computer running the same operation system and the same compiler .
I will be very glad if someone will halp me with this problem I have run out
of solution.
Regard Tamir

AVIFileOpen function of the SDK return REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

Post by Philip Taylor [ MS » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 04:28:23

this is a runtime issue, it seems like the AVI components havent been
installed properly.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

Quote:> Hi all,
> I am working with Win98 and MS Visual C++ 6.
> The problem occur while I am trying to run an aplication that use
vfw32.lib.
> On this case the function AVIFileOpen return the value

REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG.
Quote:> I have checked the system directory and found that MSVFW32.DLL,
AVIFIL32.DLL
> and AVICAP32.DLL are all exist in place.
> I have also notice that the same aplication run perfectly on different
> computer running the same operation system and the same compiler .
> I will be very glad if someone will halp me with this problem I have run
out
> of solution.
> Regard Tamir

1. CoCreateInstance returns REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

Hi,

I have following problem:
I'm using a third party COM-object in my C++
application. For convenience I access to its
methods using a class derived from MFC's
COleDispatchDriver.
When creating the first instance of the COM-
object calling the CreateDispatch method of my
derived class, everything works fine. After
finishing the use of the object I call
ReleaseDispatch to release the object. But when I
try to instantiate the object for a second time
the CoCreateInstance (called within the
COleDispatchDriver::CreateDispatch method)
returns REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG.
My application is a console application which is
supposed to run as a service, there is no message
loop running. Actually it is running but only for
a time period I need to dispatch events from that
COM-object.
Could this be a problem? Because when I use the
same object in a small test app which is actually
a MFC Dialog application I don't experience this
problem.

Any help would be appreciated
Juraj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Q About 'Bell Chime'

3. REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG returned when attempting to create remote object

4. Out of memory

5. function to return count doesn't return correct count

6. Publishing webs

7. AVIFileOPen problem

8. the demise of macros/latex/contrib/supported

9. how to define a pointer to a function returning function pointer?

10. (member) function returning pointer to functions like itself?

11. returning a pointer to array of pointers to functions from function ;))

12. pointer to function as return value for function

13. declaring a function that returns a function pointer