Windows 3.1

Post by Paul & Claudia Decke » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone still program in it?

Well my boss wants me to....so  how do I make a 16 bit windows program
using MFC and VC 4.0?  Do I need to install VC 1.52?

I am going to write it using MFC so can I just use VC 4.0 as a win32
workspace then re-compile using VC 1.52 to get a 16 bit windows exe?

any help would be appreciated
Thanks
        Paul Decker
        Transportation Clearing House Inc.

Windows 3.1

Post by Alex Sokole » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Paul and Claudia;

Yes, I do.  Yes, you do.  :-)>

Yes, I still write to the 16 bit API.  Yes, you need to install VC
1.52.  I am not sure, but I don't think you can just recompile a 32bit
MFC app under VC 1.52; you will probably have to maintain two ports.
:-(>  Good luck.

--
Alex Sokolek, Long Island Lighting Company

Sorry, due to spamming problems, my eMail address is bogus.
To reply via eMail please change zakelokos to sokolekaz.

> Does anyone still program in it?

> Well my boss wants me to....so  how do I make a 16 bit windows program
> using MFC and VC 4.0?  Do I need to install VC 1.52?

> I am going to write it using MFC so can I just use VC 4.0 as a win32
> workspace then re-compile using VC 1.52 to get a 16 bit windows exe?

> any help would be appreciated
> Thanks
>         Paul Decker
>         Transportation Clearing House Inc.

1. Borland C++ 3.1 - Windows 3.1 Application memory problem

Hi,

        I  have used Borland C++ for developing a Windows Application. The
program has grown to a very large size and now I am having problems. I
use the large memory model. The situation now is that whenever I add a
character string or dialog box or any such things, it starts crashing
during execution. I f I remove whatever I had added it runs well. I
have to use 'malloc' for every char string I use. I guess this is a
memory problem. My question is how do I modify the '.def' file or
options to overcome this problem. If I increase the heap or stack size
by a small amount, it makes no difference. If I increase it by too
much, the data segment exceeds 64K. I don't know what's the problem,
but i am sure quite a few of you guys must know exactly what's going
on. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thankyou for paying attention,
Sunil

2. How To Backup and Restore my complete Registry

3. Wanted: Windows installer for Windows 3.1/Windows NT

4. Wanted: SF314 DSDD

5. Selling Borland C++3.1 (for DOS & WIndows 3.1), asking $200

6. Remote Control on NT server

7. Maximize DOS shell window in Windows 3.1

8. mixed mode magic

9. Dialog box as main window, how to in Windows 3.1?

10. Windows 3.1 application failed in Windows for Work Group 3.11

11. Differences in Windows Nt and Windows 3.1 apis?

12. Flute - Scripting Language for Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 Public Domain

13. Having Trouble Porting from Windows 3.1 to Windows NT