Namespaces: IE4's Address Bar blank for my namespace.

Namespaces: IE4's Address Bar blank for my namespace.

Post by Chris Beck » Sun, 23 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Running my rooted namespace extension under IE4, I was disturbed to find
that explorer can't show the selected folder in the Address drop down combo
box.  If I drop down the combo box however, everything is listed that should
be there.

Any ideas how explorer decides what to show in the address bar?

Chris.
--

<http://users.lia.net/chris>

Namespaces: IE4's Address Bar blank for my namespace.

Post by John Hyne » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

In my non-rooted explorer extension, under IE4, the selected folder is
displayed correctly. In your IShellFolder::GetDisplayNameOf are you handling
the SHGDN_FORADDRESSBAR flag ?.

john
------------------

>Running my rooted namespace extension under IE4, I was disturbed to find
>that explorer can't show the selected folder in the Address drop down combo
>box.  If I drop down the combo box however, everything is listed that
should
>be there.

>Any ideas how explorer decides what to show in the address bar?

>Chris.
>--

><http://users.lia.net/chris>

1. Navigating through namespace extension fails to update Address Bar

Dear All,

I am currently have great difficulty with a subtle glitch in the name space
extension I'm developing.

My namespace extension contains several sub-folders off the root, which each
contain several sub-folders.

Now if I double click on each folder in the namespace,  and navigate into
the first child folder the Address Bar changes to reflect that I am in the
first child folder (as does the title/caption bar at the top of the Explorer
window).

However the problem occurs if I double click on the second child folder.
While the explorer list control updates its contents correctly, showing the
items in the second child folder, the Address Bar incorrectly shows that I'm
in the first child folder (note the title/caption bar correctly shows that
I'm in the second child folder).

My implementation of IShellFolder::GetDisplayNameOf( ... ) does not seem to
be at fault.  Closer examiniation of the Address Bar shows that the second
child folder appears beneath the first child folder, even then the first
child item remains incorrectly selected.  Its as if the Address Bar isn't
being told "Hey we've just gone down a directory!".

Please can anyone help?  I've spent the best part of a day on this with no
success.

Thanks in advance,
Albert.

2. Sun Sparc Memory Price 24 Oct 96

3. Shell Namespace : How to create a namespace like "My Computer"

4. Mail Filter

5. Root shell namespace and Nonroot namespace.

6. Input xml

7. Enums in namespaces v/s classes in namespaces.

8. Power Systems

9. Global namespace vs. base class namespace

10. 'const_iterator' : is not a member of '`global namespace''

11. Namespace Maintenance, Parent Namespace?

12. namespaces in XML and namespaces in C++

13. namespace aliases and extension-namespace-definition