Subclassing FONT Commond Dialog Box

Post by Bill D. Baldast » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

Good day everyone!

It would be absoloutly lovely if I could use the Windows Common Font
dialog box,
however my program will require additional features to it -- namely the
ability to write in an 'outline' font style, as well as background
colours, and a border around the text which will be editable in the
dialog window. Can someone tell me if there is a somewhat painless way
of subclassing the common dialog box? Or do I have to do this font
manipulation from scratch? I'm new to window subclassing under the Win32
API, and all the font procs where NOT fun when I did all this stuff
under OS/2... :(

regards;
Bill Baldasti
IBM Canada Ltd.

Subclassing FONT Commond Dialog Box

Post by Neil J. Rubenki » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

Not painless, but one of the elements of the CHOOSEFONT structure is an
old-fashioned dialog template that can be substituted for the default
dialog. I've never done this; I assume you must duplicate the existing
controls, with the same control IDs. Another field of the structure is
the address of a "hook" procedure that receives messages aimed at the
font dialog and either passes them on or processes them. You may be able
to find a code example for doing this. Keywords might be CHOOSEFONT,
lpfnHook, and lpTemplateName.
--
Neil J. Rubenking
Contributing Technical Editor

1. Choose font dialog box and true type fonts

Hi

I want to display in the standard choose font dialog box only true type fonts. But when I am
using the flag CF_SCALABLE I get an information message box that no fonts are installed.
But when I am using the flag CF_BOTH true type fonts and other fonts are displayed in the dialog box.
So true type fonts must be installed.

Any idea?

mail:

2. How can I get a modem with TAPI ???

3. ChooseColor() commond dialog questions...

4. Specifications

5. Need help on subclassing a button in a dialog box

6. long query: when to give up

7. problems with a CWnd subclass in a dialog box

8. Dual Passive Backplane System VERY Expensive!

9. Need help on subclassing a button in a dialog box

10. Question: Subclassing a dialog box item

11. Dialog box from a Dialog Box

12. HELP! Dialog Boxes within Dialog Boxes!

13. Dialog Box from Dialog Box