How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by Stephane Vinso » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:31:13

Hi,

It's crazy, but i can't find an API working on 95 to know
the NT Domain name to which the user has logged on.

Someone has an idea ?

Thanks

stephane (dot) vinsot (at) enatel (dot) com

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by arkady » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:19:10

Look at "Enumerating Network Resources" article
When you enumerate computers with WNetEnumResource() it start for each
domain which now connected
to enumerate computers of that domain
HTH
Arkady

Quote:> Hi,

> It's crazy, but i can't find an API working on 95 to know
> the NT Domain name to which the user has logged on.

> Someone has an idea ?

> Thanks

> stephane (dot) vinsot (at) enatel (dot) com

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by Stephane Vinso » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:52:52

Thanks, but i tried that with no success on Win95.

Using Google, i found this article (that MSDN search
engine wasn't able to find!).

HOWTO: Retrieve Current User and Domain Names on Windows
(Q155698)

I just can't believe this article. Functions i need are
16 bits. So i have to write a thunk.

I don't think that Net API are so useless that there was
no reasons to compile them in 32 bits...

When i said it was crazy...

message

>> Hi,

>> It's crazy, but i can't find an API working on 95 to
know
>> the NT Domain name to which the user has logged on.

>> Someone has an idea ?

>> Thanks

>> stephane (dot) vinsot (at) enatel (dot) com

>.

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by Ralf Buschman » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:19:51

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 05:31:13 -0700, "Stephane Vinsot"

>It's crazy, but i can't find an API working on 95 to know
>the NT Domain name to which the user has logged on.

Look at http://www.mvps.org/win32/network/nt95.html

Ralf.

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by arkady » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:17:07

Hi , Stephane !
I understand your evil but the problem is that NetWkstaGetInfo which work
perfectly in NT
not exist in W9x in 32bit variant. So for other data  in 9x used
NetServerGetInfo as Ralf wrote before few days here
but in NetServerGetInfo() absent domain name :(
thought that NetWkstaGetInfo absent at all in 9x but it lives in the old
good form of Win16 as
you found from Q155698.
So my advice as I do in such cases , I'm not go to long thunk story but do
16bit exe which write the data to
file . In 32bit I call the 16 exe and when see the data just in it , read it
and delete the fill.
So the only problem some 16 bit environment but you need it in the case you
decide to use flat thunks too.
But my variant less complicated.
Arkady

> Thanks, but i tried that with no success on Win95.

> Using Google, i found this article (that MSDN search
> engine wasn't able to find!).

> HOWTO: Retrieve Current User and Domain Names on Windows
> (Q155698)

> I just can't believe this article. Functions i need are
> 16 bits. So i have to write a thunk.

> I don't think that Net API are so useless that there was
> no reasons to compile them in 32 bits...

> When i said it was crazy...

Post by arkady » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:23:40

Ralf , I cannot find on your site how to find domain name in 95 part ,
maybe I became blind from these computers :)?
TIA
Arkady

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 05:31:13 -0700, "Stephane Vinsot"

> >It's crazy, but i can't find an API working on 95 to know
> >the NT Domain name to which the user has logged on.

> Look at http://www.mvps.org/win32/network/nt95.html

> Ralf.

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by arkady » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:09:58

Hi , Stephane !
I check my 1.52 Studio ( 16 bit ) and see that it's without wksta.h which
need for compiling the code
so I understand that additional  SDK for WFW as written in the Q155698 you
found . All old MSDN CDs
gone so I cannot check it :(
Arkady

> Hi , Stephane !
> I understand your evil but the problem is that NetWkstaGetInfo which work
> perfectly in NT
> not exist in W9x in 32bit variant. So for other data  in 9x used
> NetServerGetInfo as Ralf wrote before few days here
> but in NetServerGetInfo() absent domain name :(
> thought that NetWkstaGetInfo absent at all in 9x but it lives in the old
> good form of Win16 as
> you found from Q155698.
> So my advice as I do in such cases , I'm not go to long thunk story but do
> 16bit exe which write the data to
> file . In 32bit I call the 16 exe and when see the data just in it , read
it
> and delete the fill.
> So the only problem some 16 bit environment but you need it in the case
you
> decide to use flat thunks too.
> But my variant less complicated.
> Arkady

> > Thanks, but i tried that with no success on Win95.

> > Using Google, i found this article (that MSDN search
> > engine wasn't able to find!).

> > HOWTO: Retrieve Current User and Domain Names on Windows
> > (Q155698)

> > I just can't believe this article. Functions i need are
> > 16 bits. So i have to write a thunk.

> > I don't think that Net API are so useless that there was
> > no reasons to compile them in 32 bits...

> > When i said it was crazy...

Post by Ralf Buschman » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:51:40

Quote:>Ralf , I cannot find on your site how to find domain name in 95 part ,
>maybe I became blind from these computers :)?

Read the page. radmin32.dll is a 32bit DLL for Win9x that exports
NetWkstaGetInfoA().

Ralf.

How can i get the current NT Domain on a Windows 95 workstation

Post by Arkady Frank » Fri, 03 May 2002 13:39:43

Thanks , Ralf !
It's work perfectly in W98 , and the only problem is possibility of
radmin32.dll redistribution as I read in the article
Arkady

> >Ralf , I cannot find on your site how to find domain name in 95 part ,
> >maybe I became blind from these computers :)?

> Read the page. radmin32.dll is a 32bit DLL for Win9x that exports
> NetWkstaGetInfoA().

> Ralf.

1. Connecting Windows 95 and Windows Workstation NT 4.0

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect to computers using their serial/paralel ports. One
has Windows 95 and the other Windows Wkstation 4.0. Does anyone
have an idea how can I do that ?? I know NT 4.0 doesn't have DCC ( Direct
Cabel Connectio ), so what are the other ways to do that ?? Can I a use
the paralel port of one and the serial port the other ?? How can I find
which
COM is assigned to each port and if it's in use or no ?? ( I'm having
some problems to find out which port should I use .. )

Thanks in Advance
Renato, Brazil.

2. HELP? AGS+4 UPGRADE TO V10.2.2 ROMS

3. Getting user's domain on NT & 95

4. router for usb adsl modem

5. HELP - getting users domain in windows 95...

6. Exchange internet mail service PROBLEM

7. Disable the Windows 95 logon prompt after a successful login on NT domain

8. Win 95: Getting the current display driver from the registry?

9. NT Workstation VS '95

10. Win '95 and NT Workstation name

11. Getting Domain Name in Win 95

12. Implement a Windows 95 PC in a Windows 2000 Domain