Enumerate hidden shares?

Post by Jeroe » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

is it possible to enumerate hidden shares (eg. extended with a $-sign) on a
Windows network by means of WIN32 API calls?

thanks,

        Jeroen

Enumerate hidden shares?

Post by Felix Kasza [MVP » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Jeroen,

 > is it possible to enumerate hidden shares (eg. extended with
 > a $-sign) on a Windows network by means of WIN32 API calls?

NetShareEnum(), of course. Only the wimpy WNet*() APIs obey the
convention that "$" means "hidden".

--

Cheers,
Felix.

If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.
Please consider migrating to microsoft.public.platformsdk.*
where the MS folks plan on* around. See you there!

1. Q: Enumerating/browsing hidden shares

I'm writing an app with the capability of being remotely installed from
NT 4.0.  After successfully using SHBrowseForFolder to identify the
remote computer, enumerating the objects of that computer only turns up
the non-hidden shares, even if I specify SHCONTF_INCLUDEHIDDEN.  I can
see the shares ADMIN$, C$, D$, etc. using NetShareEnum, but I'd like for
the administrator to then be able to use SHBrowseForFolder on those
shares.  Without PIDLs for those shares, I'm stuck, right?

Did I miss something?  Your help is massively appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron J Margosis

Work phone:  703-516-6727

2. SS10 and Multiprocessors

3. Enumerating/browsing hidden shares

4. APPLE NOT HONORING THE WARRANTY

5. enumerating shares?

6. Back issues of Annals of the History of Computing

7. Enumerating (Shared) Network Resources Under VB6

8. Using gnucc under Minix to compile TOS programs.

9. Enumerate Shared Directories on Net

10. enumerating processes that don't want to share a file

11. How to enumerate windows share names on the local machine

12. Sample code for enumerating current users of a given NT share?

13. Enumerating Admin share in NT