Ctrl-tab and tab control in a dialog

Post by Philip Winsto » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm using a tab control in a dialog box.  Basically like a property sheet,
but I needed
to have other controls on the dialog, so I do it manually.

Property sheets let you hit ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab to switch property
pages.  I'm trying to duplicate this with my dialog/tab control, but don't
know where to get the key messages.

The dialog proc doesn't seem to be getting any WM_KEYDOWN for example.  The
dialog box is modal.  Any ideas?  (This is NOT in mfc)

Ctrl-tab and tab control in a dialog

Post by Raymond Ch » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

If you want alternate navigation, you will have to trap those
alternate navigation keys yourself.  Notice that for property
sheets, there is the PropSheet_IsDialogMessage function for this
purpose.  You will have to write a similar function for your
dialog box with augmented navigation.

--
(My return address is intentionally invalid to foil spammers.  Delete the
".---" to get my real address.  I do this on my own time with my own money;

Ctrl-tab and tab control in a dialog

Post by Martin Schneide » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

hi,

check it, before you call TranslateMessage for the Dialog Window

Martin

> I'm using a tab control in a dialog box.  Basically like a property sheet,
> but I needed
> to have other controls on the dialog, so I do it manually.

> Property sheets let you hit ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab to switch property
> pages.  I'm trying to duplicate this with my dialog/tab control, but don't
> know where to get the key messages.

> The dialog proc doesn't seem to be getting any WM_KEYDOWN for example.  The
> dialog box is modal.  Any ideas?  (This is NOT in mfc)

--
---
                    _/_/_/     _/_/_/     _/_/_/

+49-9132-824959
COI GmbH * Industriestr. 1-3 * D-91072 Herzogenaurach

Post by Philip Winsto » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>If you want alternate navigation, you will have to trap those
>alternate navigation keys yourself.  Notice that for property
>sheets, there is the PropSheet_IsDialogMessage function for this
>purpose.  You will have to write a similar function for your
>dialog box with augmented navigation.

>check it, before you call TranslateMessage for the Dialog Window

Okay, for these it has to be a modeless dialog, right?  Right now I'm just
using
DialogBox() to launch it, so I don't have control of the message loop do I?
(I'm
pretty new to windows GUI stuff).

So do I have to make it modeless, in order to process these keystrokes?
(That
was in the KB about the same situation with MFC I think).

-Philip Winston

Ctrl-tab and tab control in a dialog

Post by Raymond Ch » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

MFC may give you a shortcut, but the "traditional" way is to use
a modeless dialog and write your own dialog loop.