HELP: VB Server using Winsock/VB 5.0

Post by RG » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Any experience/knowlege?

I'm trying to make a VB server (particularly a multi-threaded server) using
Winsock and VB 5.0.

I have a few questions.

Thanks!

1. VB program as RPC and/or TCP server using winsock?

Basically I "just" want a VB example program that implements a TCP/IP
server in Visual Basic.

I've found one book that covers implementing *client* programs using
Visual Basic and winsock... but that book had a single statement about
implementing a *server* that boiled down to "it's too hard and beyond
the scope of this book".

My application requires a TCP server running on Windows NT that will
wait for a client to send it a message and return some data.  The
server is a VB 3.0 app, the client is a CGI perl script.  The
interaction is fairly simple: client sends a command string, server
sends data back and disconnects.

In fact I'd be happy to have a copy of source for http on NT, if there
is such a thing?  It's very similar to what I want to do.

Does anyone have any experience along these lines they'd like to
share?

Any pointers to specific source, shareware VBXs, or books would be
greatly appreciated.

I've investigated 3rd-party VBXs and DLLs, and although there are some
out there that should work, they seem like overkill -- and they charge
runtime licensing fees.

//kmc
--

Special Form Software        +1 617 596 7021

2. fs:scsi eight drive teflon cable 68 pin

3. VB HELP!!! Rebooting using VB

4. 8255 alternatives

5. Mapping PCI Board Memory into VB 5.0 and Accessing it as VB object ?????

6. Lattice C V 5.04

7. Why is my OCX's hwnd valid with VB 4.0, but invalid with vb 5.0?

8. Springboard?

9. VB 5.0 to VB 6.0

10. VB 4.0 and VB 5.0

11. saved in VB 6.0 to open in VB 5.0?