CD tray in Windows NT 4

Post by Tomasz Grobeln » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:05:44

How can I open cd tray (from my program) in windows NT4. In win 2000 I can
use mciSendString(...), but not in Win NT4. What can I do?

Tomasz Grobelny

CD tray in Windows NT 4

Post by Ralf Buschman » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:15:58

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:05:44 +0200, "Tomasz Grobelny"

>How can I open cd tray (from my program) in windows NT4.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q165721

Ralf.

1. port control, cd tray control

How could i control a serial port, eg turn on pin 2 on com2? i have an
unused serial cable and i would like to use it to control some simple
robotics, how could i say, power a small light, or just use it as a switch
with an external power source. thanx.
Also, how can i control the cd tray ie open/close and find out the state of
the tray (open/closed)
thanx

2. VPN and NetWare Client

3. Ejecting CD-ROM Tray

4. Parallel port misfunction

5. Q: Locking CD-ROM Drive Tray

6. Stingray 8XCDROM

7. Locking CD-ROM's tray

8. Question about direct connection...

9. MMC on NT Workstation: Where to get Snap-Ins ?

10. how can I read original cd filenames on Windows{95,NT} ?

11. Eject CD in Windows NT

12. Windows NT from MSDN Level 2 CD

13. Windows NT 4.0 CD Key